• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your Level of Buzz/Bzz Out

I will...

• Do nothing

Votes: 34 22.7%
  • Post angrily on message boards or comment sections

Votes: 65 43.3%
  • Write a letter to Wellman/Hatch

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • Sign a petition

Votes: 56 37.3%
  • Donate money to collectively send a Bzzout message (ex. billboard)

Votes: 28 18.7%
  • Withold money/participation from the university (donations/tickets)

Votes: 71 47.3%
  • Boo or heckle [Redacted] at games

Votes: 49 32.7%
  • Boo or heckle [Redacted] on sight regardless of situation

Votes: 24 16.0%
  • Jeff [Redacted] I will find you and kill you

Votes: 12 8.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 12 8.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, the bag man hypothesis has been bandied about as of late and I just don't see it fitting at all. It's just another in a long line of excuses to make up for one of the worst hires in the history of the ACC.

"Why would anyone have taken this job? I'm just glad someone did."

In fairness, that was an overstatement. I agree.

Yeah, the bag man hypothesis has been bandied about as of late and I just don't see it fitting at all. It's just another in a long line of excuses to make up for one of the worst hires in the history of the ACC.

This.

ipity has lost his damn mind. Sad to see.

I hang out on ogboards too much. Was bound to happen.

I was just imagining both sides (although I don't really want to be on a side) arguing about who it is wearing the tin foil hats. Good points either way it seems. Let's face it: it's almost assuredly not as much a black and white issue as the loudest among us would claim. Was he a great or even good hire? Nah. Is there absolutely nothing to the notion of "culture change?" I don't think so. Given the option of believing the administration has some idea of what they're doing or grabbing a pitchfork, I'll take the former. For now. I'm fine with being proven wrong. I hope he's gone after this season.

8fmPx.jpg

This is correct.

A 2 year stretch is not going to kill a 30 year old's career, nevermind that it's likely both Groce and Smart would have done a better job. [Redacted]'s career was already over before we inexplicably revived it. He was never supposed to be a bridge coach because when he was hired there was no hint of a ravine.

It would kill any hope of a 30 year old getting a head gig again for at least 10 years, so yea it sort of would kill their career.

It would kill any hope of a 30 year old getting a head gig again for at least 10 years, so yea it sort of would kill their career.

Not if the 3rd, 4th, etc years are good.

No worries bro. Although I suspect whoever was brought in was done so under Ron's instruction that things had to change (I should have mentioned that before) and I don't imagine everyone would want that responsibility. I think "culture change" was a real directive. I don't claim to like the guy or even that he's a decent coach but if this situation turns out to have been one where Bz does Ron's dirty work and we can hand the reigns to someone much better in a year, then great.

Just my opinion though. Feel free to keep rioting. Go wild.

This is utter bullshit. The only "culture" related incident Wellman could have been aware of at the time Dino was fired was the rape allegation against gary. Ron was so offended by that incident that he let Dino coach an entire season after it happened.

I think the real reason is that Wellman didn't like Dino and he didn't like the idea of players who came in and played for two years, had a swagger about them, and probably cared more about basketball than they did about WFU. Oh yeah, and winning games. He hated winning games.

Oh man, I didn't consider that RW might hate winning games. My bad. That's totally reasonable.

The margin of forgiveness at the beginning of anyone's career is far greater than it is toward the end of their career. Any thirty year old would have been shown far more patience than has Jeff, at twice his age, as we expect youngsters to learn from their mistakes and nearly deads to have already learnt.

That said, I have recently moved from Buzz In to Buzz Out and beyond wishing for Jeff to have a long and healthy retirement, I wish for nothing more. For those of you who have wished him dead or alive and sodomize, please prayer that nothing of the sort mysteriously befalls him so that you don't have life changing experiences with the legal system.

But does anyone disagree that the Wake Forest basketball culture has significantly changed from where it was three years ago?

Back