• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Zeller Tip

I can't believe it, but I am agreeing with Reff (I guess I can since it is between keeper and reff).

Let's put it this way. Regardless of what you and reff think, Wednesday's shot was recorded as a two point made attempt by Kelly.

Let's put it this way. Regardless of what you and reff think, Wednesday's shot was recorded as a two point made attempt by Kelly.

So if we are just going by how they actually scored it, why did you ask the question about how it SHOULD be scored? Facepalm

So if we are just going by how they actually scored it, why did you ask the question about how it SHOULD be scored? Facepalm

Because other than the two point part it is subjective.

And I thought this thread had the potential to be a rational discussion about something I did not know.

<<sigh>>

And I thought this thread had the potential to be a rational discussion about something I did not know.

<<sigh>>

This is as rational as I can get. I think they scored it correctly and was interested in other opinions. The UNCCH scorer I think did it correctly. The reffs don't care as long as two points are awarded to the offensive team. The scorer could give the basket to the janitor for all they cared.

I get all of that. What you can't do in an argument, however, is ask for opinions about whether something is right or wrong (something you admit is subjective) and at the end say "well you are wrong because the scorekeeper did it differently." That isn't logical.

I get all of that. What you can't do in an argument, however, is ask for opinions about whether something is right or wrong (something you admit is subjective) and at the end say "well you are wrong because the scorekeeper did it differently." That isn't logical.

I'm having a difficult time remembering saying "you are wrong."

So this wasn't an attempt to prove us wrong or prove your point? Why say it then?

I stand corrected. This would be three points.

So what's the difference between the defender tipping the ball on the release, and Zeller tipping it in the paint. Shouldn't they both be scored as threes?

So what's the difference between the defender tipping the ball on the release, and Zeller tipping it in the paint. Shouldn't they both be scored as threes?

If the opponent is standing inside the arc it is scored a two regardless of where the ball was released.

If the opponent is standing inside the arc it is scored a two regardless of where the ball was released.

So which ref is watching the defender's feet to see if he jumped from behind or infront of the arc before he tipped the 3-point shot?

This is as rational as I can get. I think they scored it correctly and was interested in other opinions. The UNCCH scorer I think did it correctly. The reffs don't care as long as two points are awarded to the offensive team. The scorer could give the basket to the janitor for all they cared.[/QUOTE]

True. All the officials want to do is make sure it was scored properly for the offensive team and that it was just 2 points since it was not goal tending or basket interference of a 3 point shot by the defense.

So which ref is watching the defender's feet to see if he jumped from behind or infront of the arc before he tipped the 3-point shot?

I guess it is where the ball is touched not where the defender's feet are. I'll check and get back on this.

Back