• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

He had an 80 game PED suspension last year that landed him with the Adelaide Bite during the offseason. Not my hometown Aces but I now love this kid, one Aus expat to another.

Don't know anything about Travis Demeritte other than he's hitting .272/.352/.583 with 25 HRs in high A and is a former first rounder but you have to give some credit to the FO for turning a minor league signing and waiver claim into what looks like a dude with some actual power.

Agree. The FO has really excelled in these types of situations. In fact 3 of the top 30 prospects in their system were acquired in 2 mid season trades involving Kelly Johnson

Don't have Insider, but I'm gathering that Keith Law really likes the trade for the Braves.

Sounds like a boom or bust type guy. Big power but strikes out at a 35%+ clip. If he can get that under control, he could turn into an Uggla type. Or he could flame out in AA ball. But we have up basically nothing so it sounds good.

He tested positive for a masking agent, not PEDs. Still illegal tho. Rumor is that it was to mask weed in his system.

Sounds like a boom or bust type guy. Big power but strikes out at a 35%+ clip. If he can get that under control, he could turn into an Uggla type. Or he could flame out in AA ball. But we have up basically nothing so it sounds good.

He tested positive for a masking agent, not PEDs. Still illegal tho. Rumor is that it was to mask weed in his system.

Sounds like Joey Gallo to me who the Rangers are currently dealing with. Big pop, lots of Ks, but also an acceptable OBP.

Going to the final series at the Ted in October. Any recommendations? Sis lives in Atlanta and goes to games a lot, but just in case.

We're about to finalize a HO-Kemp bad contract swap with San Diego with additional money coming our way. Inciarte better be ready to run.

By acquiring Kemp and moving Olivera, here is the money breakdown.

2017 +$12.25MM
2018 +$11.75MM
2019 +$10.75MM
2020 -$8.5MM

We value his, Frenchy, Markakis, etc.'s veteran presence too high. We need these guys to mentor our roster which is half made up of other useless journeyman.

Maybe no one wanted Johnson. Dude only seems to be able to pitch for the Braves.

Amazing how adding one person to the middle of your line changes the whole dynamic of how pitchers throw us. We still suck

Back