• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football / Military Bowl Thread

Well we both lost to Army. We can bond over that at the tailgate.

There are really good box level seats for $200. All you can eat and drink and a great view of the game with seats inside and outside. Let me know if anyone is interested.

They should complain to their commissioner more than anything. Not our fault they have crappy tie-ins.

It definitely sucks for them though.

It's gonna make it that much more awesome when we win.

So, should we let Kearns get all the bowl prep reps to get him ready? Or is it all Wolford and hope our defense can hold Temple to 7 points or so?

So, should we let Kearns get all the bowl prep reps to get him ready? Or is it all Wolford and hope our defense can hold Temple to 7 points or so?

I'm guessing we will do the same thing we have been doing...Wolford gets first team prep and Kearns gets second team prep...since, you know, Kearns is the backup.

Yeah, it was more or a rhetorical question with wishful thinking thrown in.

I was surprised when I saw we were playing a conf champ.

I can understand why they are upset. At least one poster did recognize we did have to play some tougher teams. Some of those fans act like Temple football is relevant. :rulz: Hope we can be competitive and make it a close game.

Historically

I'm guessing we will do the same thing we have been doing...Wolford gets first team prep and Kearns gets second team prep...since, you know, Kearns is the backup.

By the way...

Perhaps a good thing. I feel like teams that hire a replacement from the outside don't tend to play that well in bowls since they know their coaches aren't gonna be around next year.

But if the replacement comes internally they may be even more motivated to play for them to show they were the right guy for the job, get the coach off to a good start, etc.

Perhaps a good thing. I feel like teams that hire a replacement from the outside don't tend to play that well in bowls since they know their coaches aren't gonna be around next year.

But if the replacement comes internally they may be even more motivated to play for them to show they were the right guy for the job, get the coach off to a good start, etc.

I've got a "Bill Stewart" on line 3 from a West Virginia area code...

Interesting scenario with the new Baylor coach working with Grobe for a smooth transition in Waco....while Temple prepares for the Deacs.

Darren Sharples to be Remote Assistant Coach at Baylor.

With our luck, will probably fire Temple up to play well so the interim coach will get the job

Back