• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Maui Invitational: Hudson & Watson to Play in 3rd Place Game v. UCLA 7:30 ESPN2

No clue as to his long term future, but he is making the trip to Maui now, which is a change vs. what was stated by coach Manning last night.

Les, has anyone questioned Manning's substitution patterns?

Les, has anyone questioned Manning's substitution patterns?

I asked questions last night about John Collins' minutes, and then I asked the question about Greg McClinton not being in the game late -- which wasn't really answered. I stated that McClinton provided good energy minutes early in the game, but asked if there was something he wasn't doing that kept him on the bench down the stretch. Manning's answer was essentially 'no,' and that McClinton played well, but never addressed why he was on the bench so much in the 2nd half instead of Van Horn.

I asked questions last night about John Collins' minutes, and then I asked the question about Greg McClinton not being in the game late -- which wasn't really answered. I stated that McClinton provided good energy minutes early in the game, but asked if there was something he wasn't doing that kept him on the bench down the stretch. Manning's answer was essentially 'no,' and that McClinton played well, but never addressed why he was on the bench so much in the 2nd half instead of Van Horn.

A few of Manning's answers really made no sense last night.

Anyone listen to the Manning show tonight? I am not able to.

Interesting. I figured that was the biggest clue. I don't know then. Frankly, I hope he does alright. He's been criticized too heavily on these boards imo.

Delaney Rudd 2.0. LOL

Last edited:
Interesting. I figured that was the biggest clue. I don't know then. Frankly, I hope he does alright. He's been criticized too heavily on these boards imo.

I think a lot of the criticism is fair. He doesn't belong on an ACC team. I mean, you can say that about several of the players recruited in the [Redacted] era, but Rondale is the best example of this. The fact that when his commitment was announced we had to scour the interwebz to even find out who who is because none of the recruiting services were following him says enough. It doesn't mean that I'm rooting against him. I would love it if he stepped on the court and was the second coming of CP3, but he's not. I don't fault him for taking the offer because this is about as good as it's going to get for him, but just because he's on the team doesn't mean that I want him here. It's an extremely inefficient use of a scholarship if we're trying to rebuild.

not really the thread for it, but wasn't there some sketchy shit with his HS coach and $

Indiana -12.5 Wake Forest
Vanderbilt -15 St. John's
UCLA -3.5 UNLV
Kansas/Chaminade - NO LINE

Indiana -12.5 Wake Forest
Vanderbilt -15 St. John's
UCLA -3.5 UNLV
Kansas/Chaminade - NO LINE

Could be a long day for our Deacos if our guards can't stay in front of Ferrell and Blackmon. However, if Hudson plays I think we may be able to pull off the upset. Need to pound it down low with Devin and Collins and try to get Bryant in foul trouble. Dinos needs to have one of his hot shooting nights and we need to get something out of Wilbekin. Of course none of this matters if we turn the ball over 20 times and miss half our free throws...

We got any chance against the Hosers this evening?

I don't see why not. Could just as easily get blown out, too.

It's kind of weird... The way I look at it, our best chance of picking up 2 wins in this thing is probably to lose to IU, then beat St. John's and (potentially) UNLV.

If we beat IU, then we have Vandy. If we lose that one, we get loser of KU/(UCLA/UNLV winner).

I don't see why not. Could just as easily get blown out, too.

It's kind of weird... The way I look at it, our best chance of picking up 2 wins in this thing is probably to lose to IU, then beat St. John's and (potentially) UNLV.

If we beat IU, then we have Vandy. If we lose that one, we get loser of KU/(UCLA/UNLV winner).

It would be pretty nice to get the upset, we need something to feel good about for goodness sake.

I'd be ok with most any result other than a scenario where we drop the 1st 2 games and have to play Chaminade on Wednesday in an absolutely meaningless game w/ no upside.

It would be pretty nice to get the upset, we need something to feel good about for goodness sake.

1059471_o.gif

Back