• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 NASCAR Thread - Congrats Kyle Busch

Deacdixie, you should know that martinsville is the place to passout. Just ask my husband.

That race was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. The ATM was broken and none of us had any money for food or water. It was a billion degrees and all we had to drink was whiskey.

That last caution for debris was bullshit.

It is getting to the point where I think that they ought to institute a rule where for the last 20 or so laps of a race (depending on the size of the track), there will be no cautions for "debris." Just alert the drivers and spotters regarding where the "debris" is and let them deal with it as a condition of the track.

I fell asleep during the long green flag run. Sitting behind the 3 hauler in Walkertown at the moment. I love how historic Martinsville is, but hate the lack of amenities and roads leading out of there.

As recently as a few years ago, we could stay until checkered flag, walk up the hill to our car parked in the field and take back roads to be home (Stoneville, NC) within 25 minutes of checkered flag. It's been three or four years since I was there though.

220 wasn't bad at all. Getting to 220 was annoying as they take you around some back roads for a few miles from the south parking lot to get back to 220.

220 flowed fine and then we got logjammed on 158. All in all it took us 2.5 hours to drive home, about an hour longer than normal.

Went to the truck race on Saturday, pretty cool! I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but I usually go to Martinsville since I live in Roanoke. Saw Mike Helton in our suite, but didn't go up to him. He doesn't look like the kinda guy who likes to have his picture taken with fans, so I just dropped the idea.

NASCAR has enough nuances in their many, constantly changing rules that they can manipulate them any way they wish to get their desired result. I went to more than 100 Cup races in the 1980's....but NASCAR today has become a total joke. WWE on Wheels.

Is anything as good today as it was in the 70s & 80s?

no race today. Finally saw the Dale Earnhardt doc. Excellent. Also some good points about how jr is really a throwback racer to the old days. When the old guys are saying it you know it's true. Will be sad when he retires, as there will be no more ties to the old days except in the broadcast booth.

This weekend we'll see if the changes to the Nascar schedule had the desired effects. The early weekend weather looks to be beautiful up there, but there's a chance of rain on Sunday, so it may be another spring Night Race. I still expect the crowd to be larger due to the date change. Racing up there in mid April is much better than early March.

I'll be up there on Sunday, and very glad for a 70 degree forecast even if there is a slight chance of rain. I hope it has an immediate impact on ticket sales, I think long term it will establish itself as a great April event because there isn't much else going on.

Drying the track. Hope to be underway within the hour. Any idea on TV station?

Hamlin being replaced by Erik Jones. Reportedly having neck spasms.

Even though it took all day that was quite an entertaining race.

Back