• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not crazy about taking a RB in the first, but while I may not trust his roster management, I still have some faith in GMan's talent evaluation skills. So if he comes to the conclusion that there isn't an OT or DE worth taking at 8, then I will come around on taking Fournette. He fits our system and is an absolute beast.

Glad to hear that talks with KK are going well, considering we used our first round pick last year seemingly to gain leverage in that deal.

Last edited:
Gman's skill is finding vets for little money who still have something in the tank

I'm not crazy about taking a RB in the first, but while I may not trust his roster management, I still have some faith in GMan's talent evaluation skills. So if he comes to the conclusion that there isn't an OT or DE or S worth taking at 8, then I will come around on taking Fournette. He fits our system and is an absolute beast.

Glad to hear that talks with KK are going well, considering we used our first round pick last year seemingly to gain leverage in that deal.

We really need a S.

Got an alert today that John Fox said the Panthers "never watched" Jimmy Clausen before drafting him.

Rockin' the Muggsy.

16938484_1435056109879109_7553850218013509137_n.jpg

@RapSheet
Without an agent, FA OT Russell Okung can’t be contacted by #Panthers until FA begins. But Carolina players are actively recruiting him now

Gettleman now sees that most mocks have the Panthers taking Fournette. I swear Gettleman has the personality that will make him not want to take Fournette for that reason. In his mind, he won't look as smart if he takes the player that most think makes sense.

Elliot and Fournette could be the exact same but one gets to run behind the best offensive line and the other well you know.

That would be a solid pickup. I like adding veteran leadership to the secondary. I'd like to draft a safety as well though. If we get Church, it can be a late round pick to replace Boston in the rotation and/or a potential special teams stud.

We really need a S.

Got an alert today that John Fox said the Panthers "never watched" Jimmy Clausen before drafting him.

That's because Clausen was widely projected to be a first round draft pick. When he fell to us we scooped him up, at what people thought of at the time as tremendous value...oops. Plus we had Matt Moore at the time anyways.

It was weird how quick we gave up on Moore in 2010. But we were tanking that year anyway with a lameduck coach and b/c JR was shitting his pants about a lockout.

Not that I'm complaining about how it worked out. If we stuck with Moore we probably don't have Cam

Does it make any sense to sign both Okung and Matt Kalil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back