• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

Moylan back in the bigs with the Braves! Hope he sticks and can stay healthy.

That is because the Braves bats suck. Need I say that even when the Braves were good, winning 14 straight division titles or whatever the Braves brethren want to spat out, they were still the Buffalo Bills of Major League Baseball winning 1 title ONLY in that time in 1995 over the hapless Cleveland Indians....even though they had Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz & Avery pitching. At least the Bills could blame it on Norwood. I guess the Braves can blame it on Bobby Cox? Chipper Jones booting balls at 3rd or the Gold Club? Lonnie "skates" Smith over running balls in the outfield? The Braves even had umpire Eric "wide strike" Gregg in their back pocket in those days and couldn't win but 1 title. Damn. Cards have won 11 & in 2006 & 2011. May not win this year without better hitting but right now have the best record in baseball, best pitching in baseball & best young manager in baseball in Matheny.

What makes the Buffalo Bills the Buffalo Bills is that they never won the Super Bowl.

Since, the Braves did win a World Series that makes your comparison not only inaccurate but fucking idiotic.

As deacdixieboy said, the fact that you're a South Carolina fan while posting stupid shit like this is hilarious.

Your football program hasn't won a conference title in over 45 years and the Deacs appeared in more BCS Bowl games despite South Carolina having two HOF coaches roam their sidelines during the BCS era. Their in-state rivals owns them traditionally and its not like Clemson has been a long term powerhouse.

Your basketball program hasn't won a game in the NCAA Tournament in over forty years. Hell, they've only appeared in four NCAA Tournaments since 1974.

Also, Cardinals fans are products of a has-been rust-belt, no-industry rot of a midwestern hayseed mayo-sandwich-eating hoosier city whose biggest claim to fame these days is racism and police violence. Congrats!

I have been down on Bethancourt as much as anyone but he has played fantastic for the G-Braves the last two months. I think another look at him in the Majors is worth more than a AAA playoff push.

I have been down on Bethancourt as much as anyone but he has played fantastic for the G-Braves the last two months. I think another look at him in the Majors is worth more than a AAA playoff push.

Yep, especially considering that it's clear we wont be making to the postseason.

Bethancourt went 2-5 last night with 2 doubles & a RBI. Mallex went 3-6 with 2 triples & 3 runs scored. Freeman reached base 4 times last night.

Mallex has really picked it up after a terrible start to his time in AAA. He's now up to .280/.318/.377. Any chance he gets a September call up?

I'm almost grateful I'm leaving Braves country tomorrow so I don't make myself suffer through any more of this season.

At this point, kind of hoping to get the highest possible draft pick.

Isranel Wilson is another position player to monitor for prospect watchers.

To go along with Wilson, Randy Ventura has been destroying the DSL. As it stands, he's hitting .329/.421/.394 with 55 SB & only 9 CS as an 18 year old.

Lucas Sims also seems to have gotten it back together. Has been steadily improving in Mississippi and had his best start in probably two years last time out. 6IP 3H 1R 2BB 10K.

After the international signing period next July, our lower minors are really going to be stacked. Allard, Riley, Soroka, Wilson, Ventura, Pache, Cruz all already in the system, and then a top 10 pick, 2 more in top 50, and potentially Kevin Maitan joining next summer.

All those guys are a LONG way off and majority could easily never make majors, but still good to have that type of talent, especially finally some position player talent.

Jonny Gomes pitching and is the worst pitching position player of all time. Jesus.

Back