• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

Inciarte to the DL. Mallex Smith was removed from the Gwinnett game earlier this afternoon. He should be coming up tomorrow.

2016 Atlanta Braves Thread: The Final Season at the Ted

Looking at upcoming schedule all the way until like late May...not a lot of wins there.

Anyone care to take a guess at when we get our first win this year?

Mallex Smith already hurt. Our pitching staff is certainly more of an issue than the offense. We are actually scoring a lot more than I expected.

Mallex will be fine. Just a cut from his helmet. The guy can fly, though. Scored from first on a Markakis double that the RF got to quickly.

This John Malone guy seems like he needs a kick in the face.

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/baseball/braves-poor-start-reaches-liberty-media-stockholde/nq33T/

“It’ll be awhile,” Liberty Media Chairman John Malone said to laughter upon being asked when the Braves will win their first game of the season. “Listen, we’re rebuilding.”

Beyond noting that the Braves are rebuilding, Malone offered no diagnosis of the team’s on-field problems, saying its management can “make its excuses for the poor starting performance of the team.”

When a meeting attendee said he saw Braves CEO Terry McGuirk on TV at The Masters, Malone joked: “Well, so you know where his focus is.”

Malone also was asked what he thinks of Forbes magazine’s recent valuation of the Braves at $1.18 billion.

“I don’t have a clue,” he replied. “We’ll see shortly (when the Braves stock begins trading). We’ll see what the market puts on it and decide how efficient our monetization thesis is.

“Now, keep in mind the Braves now are a fairly major real-estate business as opposed to just a baseball club.”

What a bunch of fucking clowns. Hopefully they can monetize this real estate venture into a new buyer who gives a flying fuck.

Also, nice tits you old loser

96855259_virgin12_380998c.jpg

Last edited:
John Malone and Ron Wellman would probably get on like a house on fire.

Well, guess Mallex Smith is gonna stay for a while after all.

The Olivera news sucks so hard.

One of the major goals this season was to see what we had, and what pieces could be a part of the future.

Losing him for something so avoidable and damaging is terrible for so many reasons.

Looks like I might have attended the first game of Mallex Smith's career and the last of Hector Olivera's.

Olivera has really given fans who are just looking for one single reason to like him absolutely nothing.

2016 Atlanta Braves Thread: The Final Season at the Ted

I saw him in action for the first and only time a couple nights ago, was pleased at how athletic he looked, and found myself thinking he could turn out to be pretty good. What a disaster.

I came around on the trade a little just because the contract was pretty good with the Dodgers eating so much money. I still can't believe his 20 games at third was all it took for him to move off the position. Even if he could hit, we definitely screwed up big time there.

Back