• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

We need this weather to clear to lose this game and so Freeman's hit streak (homer) continues.

Blair with 10 Ks through 6 in a must lose game against a playoff contender.

Freeman went yard again.

Jim Johnson signs 2 year extension.

Julio is dealing. 7 scoreless and 12 ks. Braves lead 1-0. Losing would be nice with Reds, A's, Rays currently winning.

Jim Johnson extension makes sense, as Atlanta seems to be the only place that guy can pitch well.

Watching Braves/Phillies. Joe just said that the team has hit .280 since Kemp was acquired and is hitting .295 in September. The team!
Second half BABIPs heading to today:
Freeman .396
Swanson .391
Inciarte .386
Flowers .380
Recker .343
Aybar .330
Kemp .320
Markakis .319
Garcia .317

Definitely something worth keeping in mind as the FO approaches the offseason and thinks about how close this team really is to competing for a wildcard berth.

http://www.talkingchop.com/2016/9/26/13049344/braves-second-half-2016-offense-awesome

This is a really good piece from Talking Chop on the second half offense. wRC+ in August & September were 112 and 120, respectively (at the time of writing the article). First half wRC+ was 77 (dead last in MLB), second half was 112 (2nd in MLB), good for 28 teams jumped. Freeman had an unreal 178 wRC+ during the second half, Inciarte 131, Markakis 115, Garcia 116, Kemp 119.

Also, Dansbae keeps his rookie status for next season.

Second half BABIPs heading to today:
Freeman .396
Swanson .391
Inciarte .386
Flowers .380
Recker .343
Aybar .330
Kemp .320
Markakis .319
Garcia .317

Definitely something worth keeping in mind as the FO approaches the offseason and thinks about how close this team really is to competing for a wildcard berth.

For the guys with significant big league sample sizes, seems like that was more regression to mean after bad luck in 1st half. Ender's career BABIP is .324, finished at .329. Freddie career .341, finished at .370 (and I don't think anyone expects Freddie to play for a whole season like he did in second half).

Markakis career .316, finished .300.

Kemp career .340, finished .297

Yeah. I was not a Snit fan to start, but given how we played under him, how much players seem to like him, and how stuff like bullpen management has been proven to mean no more than one win a year, I will legit be pissed if we don't hire Snit full time. Would just be dumb.

I've seen some speculation that we could offer someone like Louvello the job and Snit a "cushy" position elsewhere (like scouting director in Curacao...) but it sounds like this is his dream job. He wants to be manager of the Braves. Seems like he's earned it, too.

Back