• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 College Basketball Coaching Carousel (Matta out at Ohio State)

I'm still bitter about Thad matta after all these years.

Dude should send Odom thank you cards.

the day of the Butler Wake debacle was the same day as my bachelor party and it put a damper on things for sure. Without the one two combo of beer and strippers, we would not have been able to pull through and enjoy the rest of the evening.

the day of the Butler Wake debacle was the same day as my bachelor party and it put a damper on things for sure. Without the one two combo of beer and strippers, we would not have been able to pull through and enjoy the rest of the evening.

A buddy's bachelor party was that weekend too. Being around friends definitely helped.

Dude is 49, looks 65+.

Was coming to post the same thing. Dude looks ROUGH. He's had 4 major back surgeries that sound like they haven't really helped anything and probably made issues worse. Sounds like he can't get out and do the job recruiting like is needed anymore.

This has been cooking for a while. My guess is that Gene Smith already has someone lined up, especially making the change in early June. Money won't be an object. I'd guess it's Donovan.

A buddy's bachelor party was that weekend too. Being around friends definitely helped.

Weird. I watched the game and then got on a plane to Vegas for a batchelor party for that weekend.

Is Bobby Knight ass up and 6-feet under yet? He wouldn't have to change sweaters.

Weird. I watched the game and then got on a plane to Vegas for a batchelor party for that weekend.

Man I was depressed after that game. Was only a frosh in high school and got some girl I met that night to show me her cans. Very therapeutic.

SI's Thamel thinks Chris Mack (Xavier) or Sean Miller (Arizona but has had 3 AD's and 3 Presidents in 9 years) are the names to watch.

Matt Norlander (CBS) list. Crean, Cronin, Donovan, Holtman, Mack, Marshall....and Buzz Williams as the sleeper. Solid list. Cronin, Mack or Williams are possible. I don't see the others.

http://www.cbssports.com/college W... program. A good coach can win NC's at tOSU.

With the money that Ohio State can throw around, any candidate is possible. Thad Matta took tOSU to more final 4s during his 13 years at tOSU than WF did in the history of the program. A good coach can win NC's at tOSU.
Well I don't see Crean because he failed. Donovan might be swayed back to college but doubt it. Holtman I guess maybe but seems like a risky move. Gregg Marshall probably isn't leaving his situation. I just don't see him being successful at a football first school. That leaves Cronin, Mack and Williams...which IMO are 3 pretty solid choices.

What has Cronin actually accomplished at UC?
176-67 the past 7 years, including 30-6 last year. Never got past S16, but 7 straight NCAA appearances. Only UC coach to beat a higher seed in the tourny (surprised by that one). That's pretty solid. I don't think he'd be a first choice or anything but I bet he's on their list.

Was coming to post the same thing. Dude looks ROUGH. He's had 4 major back surgeries that sound like they haven't really helped anything and probably made issues worse. Sounds like he can't get out and do the job recruiting like is needed anymore.

as a general rule, back surgeries are bad effing news

Back