• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

I've seen a number of guys that weren't on my weekend list of presumed top targets begin to drop Wake. This is further evidence that the staff is narrowing their focus. Trey Creamer tweeted a list this morning that didn't include Wake. Same with LB/WR Chris Pierce. OL Dmitri Emmanuel says that UNCC is his leader because they are in the most consistent contact.

On a separate note, top target Chase Monroe is reportedly planning a return trip to West Virginia. July 23 if I remember correctly.

On a separate note, top target Chase Monroe is reportedly planning a return trip to West Virginia. July 23 if I remember correctly.

Keep in mind, Grier's son transferred to WV from UF. Grier is Chase's HC.

His tape as a sophomore is unbelievable.

His tape is nice to watch.

We have to keep in mind that DDay is playing in a tennis-shoe football league though. Latin and Country Day aren't exactly football powerhouses. They aren't on the same planet as Butler or Mallard Creek.

Thoughts and prayers for CreamyGoodness.

Thank you...I'm going to lean on all of you to help me get through the rest of this off season. This comes as a shocker, and tremendous setback to the Creamy vibes.

My son just asked me if his classmate, Malik Brady, LB from Asheboro, has been talked about on this board. I thought it sounded familiar but the search function didn't come up with anything. I thought 94 might weigh in on his recruitment. 247 has wake listed as recruiting him but list us as cool.

Although there admittedly hasn’t been much buzz on Twitter, I’m sticking to my theory that this is a big recruiting weekend at Wake. It is the last two camps of the summer (today and tomorrow).

Spring breakout WR Mac Hippenhammer is definitely visiting today. He will head to Penn State immediately afterwards to attend their biggest summer recruiting event (the Lasch Bash).

I assume that OL Demetris Harris and WR Justin Gibbs are still planning to visit, but I’m still looking for confirmation. Harris will immediately head to Georgia Tech to attend their camp on Sunday. Harris currently holds a GT offer and the Yellow Jacket staff is reportedly confident that they will land him.

I was hoping that Taylor Powell would be at Wake this weekend, but he tweeted a pic from a big 7-on-7 tournament so I’m thinking maybe he has a conflict. I think that Powell has become active in recruiting the remainder of this class.

I’ll be watching for two things: commits and new offers. We could see both this weekend, or it might take a few days to sort out. After today, the staff will have seen everyone they are going to see in camp. So you would think it would be decision time on offers (and maybe “takes” as well).

Wake offered wide receiver DJ Edwards (West Palm Beach, FL) this week. Edwards has a number of P5 offers. It shows that Wake is still working on the WR position, however everything remains quiet for the other position groups. Edwards offer was only the 4th new 2017 offer in the last four weeks, with 2-3 of those offers going to WRs.

Top target DE Mike Allen took time in an interview with a reporter for a Vols website to talk about how much he likes Wake, so that serves as further confirmation that the Deacs continue to be in the running. I’d love to hear that Allen is at Wake this weekend, but that would be speculation. I know he’s said that he plans to visit Wake again.

Also a note from the 2016 class. The greyshirt that I’ve mentioned previously is LaRonde Liverpool. The word that I got was that he is coming back from an injury and agreed a while back that he would rehab at his hometown. My unofficial scholarship count is at 86 going into the fall practice, so it’s possible that there is another greyshirt or else there is confusion about who is a walk-on versus scholarship.

Allen is committing tomorrow night. I would say its Georgia or Tenn.

Allen is committing tomorrow night. I would say its Georgia or Tenn.

I'm surprised about the timing of the announcement. Maybe the 247 article got that wrong. If he is ready to choose, I fully expect it will be Tennessee or Wake.

Back