• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Colorado Fan's take on [Redacted] at Wake

We didn't even need a turn around as we had just gone to the NCAA tournament two years in a row, and won a game in Dino's final year. We needed a coach who could come in and improve on Skip/Dino's strengths & shortcomings (good teams but couldn't win in the postseason). Granted, we were going to lose some good players so a down year was likely. But it's not like we're SMU after the death penalty or Indiana after Sampson. We had all the pieces to have one awful year, then a year or two of mediocrity. We've had 3 years of bad records, especially with this last one having some good pieces.

Say this poster were real, how could you credit [Redacted] with building a foundation? What does that even mean? Tad Boyle's roster is made up with his own players, not Bzz's. What is a foundation besides a couple of players and recruits? Bzz didn't leave any more of a foundation in Colorado then Dino left here at Wake.

Dino left a foundation, but then Bz burned it to the ground, which as many here have noted, is the sign of a bad coach.

Look at Iowa under Fran "white magic" McCaffery they have progressed much faster than we have under Bzz.

Yes, we're stuck with him. No one wants to trade. We are all preparing for another disastrous season. Unfortunately, the fan base is getting used to it.

Texas A&M went 7-21 during the 2003-2004 season. Then they fired Melvin Watkins, hired Billy Gillispie, and went 21-10. Taking his logic to the extreme, the OP would argue that the turnaround was proof that Watkins was a good coach who was fired prematurely. Of course, in reality, it was evidence that he was an awful coach. It is as illogical to give [Redacted] all the credit for Colorado's 2010-2011 turnaround as it is to give him none. Truth is that it lies somewhere in the middle. He built the roster but then Boyle elevated it. Oh, and the apparent cap on [Redacted]'s roster was the NIT, so can't really claim CU was a success in that regard either, and the argument as a whole isn't very persuasive.

Some other CU fans' takes on this.

Subject: [Redacted] loses another 3 players to transfer
Posted by: SirBuffalo on Mon Mar 26 2012 10:55:15 AM
"Mr. Personality" is clearly on a roll !!

Subject: Re: [Redacted] loses another 3 players to transfer
Posted by: ralphie2425 on Mon Mar 26 2012 11:25:21 AM
that AD must be really hating his decision to let go the previous
coach who averaged 22 wins a season for his good friend. bet his
wife is furious. this decision will get him fired as well and with
that kind of decision making he never deserves to be a big time AD
again. this will be bz's 3rd year, if that is all the previous coach
got why should bz get longer. glad he is their problem

Subject: I disagreed with this approach when [Redacted] did it, and still do.
Posted by: Bisonic on Mon Mar 26 2012 11:38:04 AM
We made a commitment to these kids. The honorable thing to do is to
encourage them to continue to work hard & contribute to the
program. If they decide there isn't much PT in their future, they
can make their own decisions.

What [Redacted] did was shameful. We should never repeat that.

ubject: Re: Re: Let's go buffs! 75 minutes til tip!!!!
Posted by: DenverBear on Fri Nov 16 2012 5:08:09 PM
good win, buffs.

looks like you found the right coach.

congrats.

- db

best thing was for [Redacted] to leave. and I miss the CEC.

best of luck the rest of the way.

Subject: No doubt
Posted by: BuffsIn2012 on Thu Dec 6 2012 3:41:28 PM
The end of the Patton era and start of [Redacted] was a really dark time
for us, and I recall Tim Miles building your program from maybe even a
lower place. Without looking it up, I think those two low-water marks
were very close to each other.

Subject: What a shocker. Slash & Burn part two.
Posted by: Bisonic on Sat Mar 9 2013 2:02:11 AM
Jeff must think that his great success as a long time NBA scout, and one of the
losingest coaches at CU, must translate into great credibility in the ACC.

For young people, Jeff took over a beaten down program and pumped us all up by
running off half the team in 2 seasons (seven out of fourteen scholarship players), and
rewarding us with two last place finishes. But it wasn't his fault.

As I say, it's just shocking that Demon Deacon fans are sick of his bullshit.

Subject: I don't mind Bz. I'm not saying that out of spite. WFU alums not happy
Posted by: Colo Spgs Buff on Sun Feb 24 2013 10:33:34 AM
with him. That 'young team' stuff flies around here, not so much in BBall country.

Some other CU fans' takes on this.

Subject: What a shocker. Slash & Burn part two.
Posted by: Bisonic on Sat Mar 9 2013 2:02:11 AM
Jeff must think that his great success as a long time NBA scout, and one of the
losingest coaches at CU, must translate into great credibility in the ACC.

For young people, Jeff took over a beaten down program and pumped us all up by
running off half the team in 2 seasons (seven out of fourteen scholarship players), and
rewarding us with two last place finishes. But it wasn't his fault.

As I say, it's just shocking that Demon Deacon fans are sick of his bullshit.

[h=3]Why should CU fans be excited about Tad Boyle?[/h]by ultrabuff » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:46 pm
Hello Everyone -

Colorado fan here. Let me begin by apologizing to you for stealing your coach. I don't like it when athletic directors do this sort of thing. We did it to Air Force three years ago, now to UNC. I don't like the way Mike Bohn, the Colorado AD, operates.

My first choice for the job was Mike Dunlap. He is currently unemployed, wanted to come back to Colorado (still has a house in Denver).

A lot of us Buff fans are scratching our heads over this hire.

So I'd just like to ask: What makes Tad Boyle qualified to coach at CU? What are his strengths and weaknesses?

Areas of Importance:

1. Recruiting - how good is he?
2. Player Development - do his players improve over the course of their careers?
3. Game Day Coaching - how good are his X's and O's?
4. Relationship with his players - do his players enjoy playing for him?
5. Offensive System - what does he run?
6. Defensive System - what does he run?
7. Personality - Is he a likable guy?
8. Community Relations - Is he popular in the community/with boosters/alums, etc.?

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Again, I wish we had hired Dunlap as I thought Boyle was in his hometown and should have stayed there. But it's a done deal now, so I'd just like to know if Tad Boyle can get it done at Colorado, or if he is another "Dan Hawkins?"

Regards,

UltraBuff

Sadly, this guy appears to be legit. I wonder if he is sad that we stole [Redacted] from Colorado.

lol he tagged this thread with "[Redacted]" and "colorado"

The only "lol" here is that he's using tags the way they're intended, and not just as a way to make anonymous "your mom" and/or dick jokes.

The only "lol" here is that he's using tags the way they're intended, and not just as a way to make anonymous "your mom" and/or dick jokes.

Who are you to say how tags should or should not be used? Does the system prevent you from putting in a "TWDeac sucks" tag?

If you think I'm saying "how tags should or should not be used" then you are mistaken. Reread.

Who are you to say how tags should or should not be used? Does the system prevent you from putting in a "TWDeac sucks" tag?

There are too many tags, so I couldn't add "TWDeac sucks". So yes, the system does prevent me from doing that.

Fuck this. I'm starting a new board.

I look forward to supporting that venture financially.

3705293_o.gif

Back