• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Have there been any reports from the KU side that provide some clarity beyond the "Randolph is going to WF, Brown to KU" article? Wondering if the KU guys have gone deeper with their reasoning.

Matt Scott on Kansas' 247 site said that its been a good few days for KU when it relates to Chaundee Brown. He also said there might be more CB movement after Brown's visit to Wake.

What is this another "silent" commitment?? We have seen how those work out!

Matt Scott on Kansas' 247 site said that its been a good few days for KU when it relates to Chaundee Brown. He also said there might be more CB movement after Brown's visit to Wake.
I'm assuming the more CB movement line was indicative of it going either way based on how his visit goes and Danny's "final" pitch versus Self's "final" pitch. Also, this would seem to call into question the Duke report as he appears close to 50/50 between the two schools right now and can be swayed still. WF has an ace in the hole with their official visit remaining, just have to maximise the utility of the visit.

By the way...I have no information at all surrounding Brown.

Hopes he commits here. Usually when Slater flips like that it's not a good sign for us.

Glad we get the last crack at him though.

By the way...I have no information at all surrounding Brown.

Hopes he commits here. Usually when Slater flips like that it's not a good sign for us.

Glad we get the last crack at him though.

SO YOU HAVE INFO ABOUT RANDOLPH!?!?!?!?!

Do all Wake athletes still live in the regular dorms through their frosh year? I always thought that was cool and worked. You want to stand on a verandah with a drone angle view of your fellow co-eds, then go to Kansas. Want to be down in it and learn how to navigate all different kinds of people (or Wake college kids as the case may be), then come to Wake.

Do all Wake athletes still live in the regular dorms through their frosh year? I always thought that was cool and worked. You want to stand on a verandah with a drone angle view of your fellow co-eds, then go to Kansas. Want to be down in it and learn how to navigate all different kinds of people (or Wake college kids as the case may be), then come to Wake.

Sadly, it seems that the blue bloods are all making basketball player-only dorms. Kentucky created theirs a couple years ago. I remember back in the '90's this was ruled to be an NCAA violation. Palmer and Piccolo dorms were originally created as athlete dorms but that changed because of the NCAA ruling. I'm not sure what changed that is somehow legal now. But it's a really sad development and another chapter in the collegiate arms race. Football player dorms will follow. Some schools just won't be able to compete with that.

This thread becomes more and more draining as days pass. Similar to the dick measuring contest on the tunnels.

Seal the deal Danny and Chill.

Sadly, it seems that the blue bloods are all making basketball player-only dorms. Kentucky created theirs a couple years ago. I remember back in the '90's this was ruled to be an NCAA violation. Palmer and Piccolo dorms were originally created as athlete dorms but that changed because of the NCAA ruling. I'm not sure what changed that is somehow legal now. But it's a really sad development and another chapter in the collegiate arms race. Football player dorms will follow. Some schools just won't be able to compete with that.

Huffman and Efird as well, right?

I think this is all designed so that when we do pick up Brown, there's no way he'll drop in the rankings like some of our prospects do, because it will be clear that KU thought highly of him. Bill is just being unSelfish and helping Manning out.

That's the narrative I've chosen to run with.

I think this is all designed so that when we do pick up Brown, there's no way he'll drop in the rankings like some of our prospects do, because it will be clear that KU thought highly of him. Bill is just being unSelfish and helping Manning out.

That's the narrative I've chosen to run with.

Big mistake. Go with the more accurate "we'll soon be kicked in the nuts again" narrative.

I got caught up on the Chaundee recruiting news in this thread last night and, I mean, holy shit. Mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from how this is turning out. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck are we losing this one? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe that college basketball is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Danny to fix this broken program. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought we were getting all the crystal balls???? This is so fucked.

I got caught up on the Chaundee recruiting news in this thread last night and, I mean, holy shit. Mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from how this is turning out. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck are we losing this one? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe that college basketball is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Danny to fix this broken program. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought we were getting all the crystal balls???? This is so fucked.

Did you still eat the nuggets? Your mom worked real hard to make those for you.

This thread becomes more and more draining as days pass. Similar to the dick measuring contest on the tunnels.

Seal the deal Danny and Chill.

There's a dick measuring contest on the tunnels? Is there an entry fee?

There's a dick measuring contest on the tunnels? Is there an entry fee?

People thought Bluefish was walking around campus with a gun in an ankle holster. That's not was in the ankle holster. LEGENDARY..

Back