• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Celebrity Encounters

What I've always wondered is, how well known is Wake Forest among non-sports celebrities? You'd hope we'd be a household name all across the country, and if you have any interaction with the world of academia, you certainly know us because we're a top-25 school. But let's face it, there are a lot of people who haven't heard of us or who confuse us with Lake Forest. Presumably if celebrities filled out a bracket in the last decade, they know who Wake Forest is. But we're still not a universally instantly recognizable entity. How many know that Wake Forest is a university in Winston-Salem, NC?

CP3 is at least doing his best to get the word out among the clueless glitterati in Hollywood. Not that it ultimately matters.

Marc Blucas and David Chase say hello.

Ate next to Boomer Esiason at Bentleys, that's about it

Even Palma towers over James Caan.....

The moment you meet Sonny Corleone and realize that he's probably 5-7 and hunched over and not the least bit intimidating was one of my sadder moments.

At the Rhino in Vegas at 5pm and coming out of the bathroom wasted and my head looking down at the ground, I see this guy a girl around both arms, and barely notice something on his face. Look up and boom, Mike Tyson at a Vegas Strip Club.

Palma: "heyyyyyyy Mike whats happennin" *extends fist pound*
Iron Mike: "Nothin much playa, just chillin havin a great time"

Ran into Ron Artest with the Dallas Mavericks team (less J-Ho) the night before and so can say I went back to back with the 2 craziest athletes of our generation.

I see Kenny Banyo from Seinfeld at a bar and go up to him and say "I too find anything involving Ovaltene inherently funny"

used to see captain jetes all over tampa.

huk hogan and randy savage had condos at the beach in the same complex as an aunt, so we'd always see them there crushing cases of bud heavy calling each other "brother."

tons of wrestlers at the tampa airport.

went to HS with Brittany Snow (and jenn sterger i guess too).

obvi cp3 stuff as we were the same year.

met many a redskin at the university club in dc.

The moment you meet Sonny Corleone and realize that he's probably 5-7 and hunched over and not the least bit intimidating was one of my sadder moments.

He must have been wearing his lifts to get to 5'7.

I see Ben (the bachelor) pretty often in san francisco.. this past weekend his fiance was with him too.

this guy is a complete douche. no one pays any attention to him - he was literally waiting 20 min to get a drink at a bar.

Met tons of musicians over the years: Doc Watson, Tony Rice, David Grisman, Peter Rowan, Phil Lesh. Mike Gordon came to our hotel room after a Phish show one night.

Seen Willie Nelson, George Seifert, Chris Collingsworth and Paul Hewitt at the Airport.

used to see captain jetes all over tampa.

huk hogan and randy savage had condos at the beach in the same complex as an aunt, so we'd always see them there crushing cases of bud heavy calling each other "brother."

tons of wrestlers at the tampa airport.

went to HS with Brittany Snow (and jenn sterger i guess too).

obvi cp3 stuff as we were the same year.

met many a redskin at the university club in dc.

Saw Big Show a few years ago.

Hung out with Matt Geiger several years ago at a club at International Mall.

Passed Mariano Rivera at International Mall a few years ago as well.

My best was seeing Charles Barkley at my going away party at Top of the Hill the week before I left NC. 6-4 tops.

lol...

my cousin used to date matt geiger. it was hilarious because she was TINY (like 5'2 and thin).

Talked with Vince Vaughn & Steve Buscemi for a few minutes @ "Deluxe" in downtown Wilmington, a few hours before Buscemi was stabbed a few times outside of "Firebelly Lounge."

Talked with Seth & Scott Avett for a bit after their set @ Merlefest in '08.

Walked by Mike Gminski a few nights ago in Charlotte. Had some smoking blonde with him.

Walked by Mike Gminski a few nights ago in Charlotte. Had some smoking blonde with him.

Guess Matt picked up Chic's leftovers.

I ran into Jerome Bettis coming out of a bathroom stall at Reagan National after dropping a bus

This reminded me I ran into that Supersize Me guy in same airport. He was getting impromptu-ly interviewed a couple of seats over in the terminal.

Hung out with two stars of General Hospital and had a very drunk conversation with Gale Sayers this past weekend in Vegas.

I was at the Mohegan Sun in Connecticut and spotted Charles Barkley and Alfonso Ribeiro (aka Carlton Banks) hanging out together. I dare anyone to top this celebrity pair.

Last edited:
I was at the Mohegan Sun in Connecticut and spotted Charles Barkley and Alfonso Ribera (aka Carlton Banks) hanging out together. I dare anyone to top this celebrity pair.

How about Robert Blake and Scott Baio at The Rainbow.

Back