• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Smidger: RIP, internet acquaintance

Juice, when was the last time you were in Valpo? I just booked my trip and will be there for 3 nights in December.

Ten years ago. I remember Bar La Playa was cool. Cafe con Letras and Cafe Color were hangout spots. It's a great wandering town. Take an ascensor or two. Check out Neruda's house.

Ask huskydeac too. That dude knows good stuff in SA.

visibility

My brother does all his customer service interaction through Twitter, both public and direct message.

I don't currently have an account. If I created one just to complain to different companies would they just brush it off due to no followers?

My brother does all his customer service interaction through Twitter, both public and direct message.

I don't currently have an account. If I created one just to complain to different companies would they just brush it off due to no followers?

If you have an egg for a pic (the default), then I assume so. They may still ask for your verification code (for whatever service it is).

Juice, I will follow you to establish your credibility.

529d0890accdf4f651000056.gif

So we returned from Italy last Wed. Flew Rome-Heathrow on British Airways; then changed over to Delta to fly home from London. The two tickets were NOT connected in anyone's system - I bought the transatlantic flight months in advance of the LHR-rome tickets. BA left our luggage in Rome due to "weight/balance" issues and promised when we landed to get it to us quickly. We still have yet to receive our bags a week later. I am beyond annoyed. The worst part is that the BA call center refuses to do anything other than apologize and promise to send an urgent message to the CHARLOTTE airport to find our bags, and then I will get a text updating me. I have been to the Charlotte airport 3 different times to check to see if they are here and they clearly aren't - they are still either in Rome or London.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that there was no supervisor. I incredulously asked, "are you telling me that you report directly to the CEO or the board of British Airways?" He then responded that his supervisor was taking calls due to high call volume. I asked him to give the supervisor my number so that he could call me, and was told that they can't dial out. From a CALL CENTER. I asked, "so you're saying that if you have a medical emergency and need to reach your family, you have to wait for them to call you?" I asked him to give the supervisor my number anyway and that I was confident that someone who has the title of "supervisor" would be resourceful enough to find a phone that dials out. That was on Monday. I have received no calls.

I have complained on Twitter. At least they acknowledged me and are trying to help, but I am so pissed. Thanks for letting me vent.

Karma, for not responding to my London invites.

I swear, if one more label tries to stop me

As far as religious proselytizing goes, the Jehovah Witness strategy of posting up on a street corner with literature while just smiling is probably my favorite.

oh word just got an email our train tickets from Paris to Avignon have been upgraded to 1st class w free champagne

Happened last time I took Chunnel too, seemingly random

That plus getting the upgrade on the British Airways flight over to the 180 degree recline seats and this is a proper luxurious honeymoon

oh word just got an email our train tickets from Paris to Avignon have been upgraded to 1st class w free champagne

That plus getting the upgrade on the British Airways flight over to the 180 degree recline seats and this is a proper luxurious honeymoon

That's pretty fucking sweet bro

I submit that "Can you Feel it" is the best Michael Jackson related song.

how in the hell did you swing that? (also carry your luggage on)

boom. how'd the BA upgrade happen?

Back