• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 178: The thrill is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
might I direct you lovers of watching paint dry to one of the other threads where you fellow embracers of boredom can discuss such topics, perhaps even The Official Soccer Thread, perhaps.

Don't worry palma, I'll probably disappear in the next couple of days anyway. Trying to get drinks soon with my own dragon lady from a couple of years back. She just split with a dude and maybe I can finally see in person that body she was all too willing to show in pics.

before you leave, can you tell me what you think of klopp? i hate most of the pool supporters on the sports board.

1. congrats chic/matt!

2. i think spotify's discover weekly playlist may be my favorite thing ever. they just nail it for me week after week!

they changed favorites to likes on twitter

hmmmmmm

Watching Quantico. It's not bad, but the classes are overly dramatized for the audience. But Priyanka Chopra... Damn.

Can you not just roll up your sleeve?

It's a long sleeve dress shirt, bro. Sleeve doesn't roll up to shoulder. Instead, I basically have to loosen tie, unbutton shirt all the way to navel, and pull arm out awkwardly in full public view at work. Anyways, I'm sure all the hot chicks are me seey me likey.

might I direct you lovers of watching paint dry to one of the other threads where you fellow embracers of boredom can discuss such topics, perhaps even The Official Soccer Thread, perhaps.

Plama, I like you but shut your goddamn mouth this is the AMERICAN HERO we're talking about and he's not going to post on one of those dumb soccer threads on the facepainter board he's going to post right here and you're going to like it.

It's a long sleeve dress shirt, bro. Sleeve doesn't roll up to shoulder. Instead, I basically have to loosen tie, unbutton shirt all the way to navel, and pull arm out awkwardly in full public view at work. Anyways, I'm sure all the hot chicks are me seey me likey.

bmoneydeac ----->

directv-scrawny-arms-rob-lowe-ss-03.jpg

it was my first year at the camp, i can't remember if wakephan09 or waketheuniverse were there or not - it was the only year i actually stayed in the dorms

skip jenkins, who was later my skills coach for TWINS ROYAL, was my counselor

wanna say 98 or 99

I always stayed in the dorms even though I lived in Winston, it was a getaway. Oh man, I loved soccer camp.

usually this is when wakephan09 comes in and tells me all the details i'm forgetting or making up

Unfortunately, I can't remember too many details about those camps except for having a blast and wanting to go to Wake for school. I also never stayed in the dorms. I went most every summer I played club, so up until freshman year of high school.

before you leave, can you tell me what you think of klopp? i hate most of the pool supporters on the sports board.

It's an exciting appointment, and timely -- he already has them playing more connected and compact, which is good to see (movement together, shorter distance between front to back, better pressing), and I think you'll see more fluency in the attacking third coming up, with better combinations where it always seemed to bog down with Rodgers the past year.

And he is supremely confident, yet comfortable with himself, which is refreshing and I think the players will take on that. Those Dortmund teams were great to watch and I hope it translates. I think it will -- it's a decent, not great, squad with a few issues, but ultimately it seems it will come down to Sturridge's fitness and Benteke's fitness/form, which, in a way, was what it came down to with Rodgers, as well, he just lost his way, lacked belief, and I think struggled with trying to fit his image of a manager rather than being himself. I don't think Klopp has those issues and I think the team's ceiling with him is higher. Of course who they target to fill some holes will be interesting (Tielemans? Ruben Neves? Leroy Sane? Yes, please), but I'm encouraged so far by how the team has bought in. I think pretty much everyone had tuned Rodgers out.

I like characters, and he certainly is one, so that's always good. But in England it's almost like a different sport sometimes, so there will be some adjustments.

He might be about to appoint former American international (German born) David Wagner to his staff, though, which would be kind of cool.

As an Everton supporter I could not be more displeased with the hire. He's just delightful. So much charisma and love for the game. The stuff I saw in Rodgers Liverpool teams like playing guys like Can out of position and removing his playmaking ability or putting too much faith in British players simply because they were British seemed like simple fixes and they were done on day 1. The more advanced tactical stuff will be fun to watch. I dread it. Think it'll be a few years before they're title contenders, but what a brilliant hiring.

"advanced tactical stuff" its humans running around for 90 minutes playing fetch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back