• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do we expect an announcement today? (Nope, Ron's in Texas)

it's not the "take a few days" to think about it approach that is off-putting. it's the "float info to espn that i am interviewing - then interested - then considering the offer - make my mind up soon" etc that is an issue. had he answered ron's call. interviewed. come out to see the campus. interview some more all while info is not leaked to the press i don't think this would be an issue.

in that case the only issue would be that ron was having a tough time closing the deal. against tulsa.

So much this. Keep your mouth shut, dude!

Here's something no one has thought of -- An all Capel coaching staff.

Jeff Capel, Sr. - Head Coach
Jeff Capel, Jr. - Assciate Head Coach and Ball Boy Supervisor
Jason Capel - Assistant Coach
Two other Capels (not necessarily even related, one should probably be white)

A - anybody
B - but
C - Capel

tumblr_kv4e3wQd881qzczc7o1_500.jpg

You know who hated tulsa? Monica.

they say its the "Show Me State." I say, show me the way OUT!

next week

I hope note. I really don't think this fanbase will make it that long. We will have made up a thousand unfounded rumors and conspiracy theories by then, and run with them and discussed them until we all forgot that they were made up - we will be at each other's throats! Someone will get knifed and negreps will flow like the blood...

The Virginia Tech/ Buzz Williams/ Marquette-to-VaTech thing just makes this all the worse. Williams is a great coach who left Marquette for Virginia Fucking Armpit We Don't Give a Shit About Basketball Tech. In a matter of days.

And yet here we flounder. Just wondering on the day we're supposed to hear something... wondering if we'll hear something. Wellman is like the dad from Scrooged- comes home late on Chrismas and tosses a six pack of Schlitz (missing a can) at the kid. Well, it was beef but you get the idea.

*veal

I'm w/ Dawg, except the whole NCSU business.

The only chance we lose Manning is if he goes to KU. Otherwise, he's here if he is successful. If he's not, he gone.

I think he'll be great, one of my favorite players of all time and he was highly respected in the NBA back in the day, one of the leaders of the union. I could see him working w/ Duncan and CP3 to form a coalition to bring solid people and players to Wake.

Last edited:
More waiting, huh? Don't know where we'll go if the answer is no. Ugh.

no problem with people being upset about the leaks...personally i don't care on that. But I got a job offer a few years ago for about 30% increase in pay at a company I had always wanted to work for without having to relocate. It was a "no-brainer" and I Still took 48 hours to really think it over and be sure it was the right move. It's not a big deal and i respect anyone's decision process on a career move. Be realistic folks.

I'm w/ Dawg, except the whole NCSU business.

The only chance we lose Manning is if he goes to KU. Otherwise, he's here if he is successful. If he's not, he gone.

I think he'll be great, one of my favorite players of all time and he was highly respected in the NBA back in the day, one of the leaders of the union. I could see him working w/ Duncan and CP3 to form a coalition to bring solid people and players to Wake.

Let's Go!

Back