• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do we expect an announcement today? (Nope, Ron's in Texas)

if manning ends up being the coach and wellman misses the opportunity to try and get press during the final four for recruiting i will be amazed at how awful he is. it used to just seem arrogant and tone deaf... now... wow

Well after Ron recharges his batteries in Tahiti for a month after his grueling stint with the NCAA, he'll be ready to return to WS to finally do his damn job.

Well after Ron recharges his batteries in Tahiti for a month after his grueling stint with the NCAA, he'll be ready to return to WS to finally do his damn job.

So we're thinking sometime in early May for the press conference? Great, good for Ron. Let's get this guy!

Just when you thought you had your mind boggled by horrible messaging/PR from our athletic dept, they bungle something else. Right now Dick Baddour and Debbie Yow are keeling over laughing at how bad our AD is.

From the other thread:
Charlie Hannema ‏@CharlieHannema 1m
Source tells @NewsOn6 sports: TU offered Danny Manning $1.2 million salary, raises for assistants and "improved travel." #TulsaMBB

From the other thread:
Charlie Hannema ‏@CharlieHannema 1m
Source tells @NewsOn6 sports: TU offered Danny Manning $1.2 million salary, raises for assistants and "improved travel." #TulsaMBB

He is using us to try to help out his assistants too. Ron getting played like a fiddle?

If we hired him why wouldn't the presser be scheduled for tomorrow?

Surely Wellman wouldn't put it on hold so he can go to Dallas a few days early...

I also can't believe Wellman would say "think about it over the weekend."

Who the fuck knows at this point. Why can't we hire a coach like a normal school - zero in, secure offer and announce hire

If we hired him why wouldn't the presser be scheduled for tomorrow?

Surely Wellman wouldn't put it on hold so he can go to Dallas a few days early...

I also can't believe Wellman would say "think about it over the weekend."

Who the fuck knows at this point. Why can't we hire a coach like a normal school - zero in, secure offer and announce hire

Bingo. Wake looks so bad nationally right now. The diversion of the final four is a blessing. If this is going on in the news vacuumn that is next week people will actually notice how pathetic we are.

I'm thinking now there is a good chance he stays at Tulsa. He may want to get out of there before they join the AAC, but if he gets locked into a pay raise for a few years, his job is secure even if his team stumbles. The tepid reaction (at best) by the Wake fanbase and Dan Collins offsets a lot of the "ACC lure" aspect.

I'm thinking now there is a good chance he stays at Tulsa. He may want to get out of there before they join the AAC, but if he gets locked into a pay raise for a few years, his job is secure even if his team stumbles. The tepid reaction (at best) by the Wake fanbase and Dan Collins offsets a lot of the "ACC lure" aspect.

I doubt Manning was reading Dan Collins or the message boards or had any feel for that. These boards are for discussion and venting and are not relevant in real life. The Journal is a mullet wrapper.

Anyway Manning is back in Tulsa now according to FlightAware and Ron is headed to Dallas.

I just don't think the guy wants to come here. Of course, if I had to listen to Ron Wellman for more than 30 minutes, I would fly home as well. So, can't fault the guy.

That makes no sense. The 5 players who scored the most points for them this year are coming back. He's afraid to play Cincy, UConn, SMU & Memphis, so he will jump to a conference to compete against Duke, Carolina, Louisville and Syracuse?

Was in the athletic weight room yesterday..trainers hadn't seen anyone touring the facilities or they just weren't admitting it but they seemed pretty honest. Also, talked to some of the guys on the team last night and they kept quiet too. Can't help but think we're not even close. Hope that's not true.

Just know that Ron was going to Dallas no matter what. At this point, I don't know if he doesn't care or his role has been significantly reduced.

Hatch is going to close the deal while Ron frolics in Dallas. :thumbsup:

Back