• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

Anybody got any direct quotes of the guy berating [Redacted] from behind the bench? I can guess what he said, but would love to read.

Losing the right way since 2010 - Wake Forest.

An uncomfortable Thursday for #Wake, from disgruntled fans to on-court whimpers to squabbles behind the bench: http://t.co/XNATNgiNpx

Anybody got any direct quotes of the guy berating [Redacted] from behind the bench? I can guess what he said, but would love to read.

I have no clue but it must have been a slew of stone-cold facts:

4lOle7w.png

Losing the right way since 2010 - Wake Forest.
I have no clue but it must have been a slew of stone-cold facts:

4lOle7w.png

"WOULD YOU LIKE TO HEAR SOME STATS?"

"HOW ABOUT COMPARISONS??!?"

"I COULD ALSO SHOUT SOME HANDY LINKS, IF YOU WOULD LIKE!"

can someone direct me to the link for the second ad? It wasn't showing up for me.

Isn't the definition of a fairweather fan one who cheers for the team when they're good and then abandons them/ignores them when they're bad? If so, I would argue that a bunch of fans who avidly post on a message board, compile stats, raise money, put multiple ads in multiple papers, etc are the opposite of fairweather fans. They are simply devoted fans who want to stop losing!

Yup. I had this exact conversation today with someone. I'd rather have a pissed off fanbase than an apathetic one. If they're pissed it means they care enough to vent or do something about the situation. Apathy is a very dangerous thing for Wake Forest and Ron Wellman is gonna fuel that apathy train even more when/if he retains bzzz.

If Katz doesn't come through soon with some exposure for the cause, people should probably start reminding him of this part of his article when Dino was fired:

But you can't fault Wellman for standing by his reasoning. And any coach going into the job should know what is expected going forward. There is nothing to hide. There isn't anything phony here. Win in February and March, have the players do well academically and represent the university well.

Gaudio did the latter but didn't do enough of the former. Now he's out.

I'm not sure how the "popular articles" tab on right-side of the Winston Salem Journal calculates its ranking, but if exposure during this stretch is a goal of ours... its one we're achieving.

yvudddi.png

Last edited:
Someone get the photo of today's ad up please. let the tweeting begin.

Sorry, got the color run this morning, so haven't picked up my paper yet.

I can only see your picture of the ad, but seems like everything that made it stick out on Thursday is muted with this one. The similar looking ad with a bigger number is certainly not doing any favors.

Yeah but it appears to be right under the UNC-FSU writeup, so that is probably a good thing.

I can only see your picture of the ad, but seems like everything that made it stick out on Thursday is muted with this one. The similar looking ad with a bigger number is certainly not doing any favors.

Ron's minions are hard at work (tin foil hats).

Figured tonight would be the best time to post an explanation for the thinking behind this weekend's ads, but I might be out and about so here it goes:

Are Bz vs Gaudio stats a statement on whether #BuzzOut thinks Gaudio should have been fired? no
Was it a strong consensus amongst Wake fans to include them? no

Did I think many Wake fans would be attending the games today and tomorrow in Greensboro? no

On here, we know most of the statistics on FireBz.com by heart now & the ones I've kept on the site are the ones that pack the most punch. I've stated from the beginning that I don't necessarily like bringing Gaudio into it... but in my humble opinion:

Dino Gaudio was head coach the last time Wake Forest basketball was relevant. Contrary to what Ron Wellman and Jeff [Redacted] would like for you to believe, outside of Wake Forest fans Dino Gaudio's name name does not carry a negative connotation (especially along with the words 'bad culture', etc). What I've gathered in my time of spreading this information beyond the WF fan-base is: people that are unfamiliar with [Redacted] (which they tend to be, because of the aforementioned relevancy issue), are more comfortable assessing his performance negatively when they can match it against something they can easily recall. Putting [Redacted]'s numbers beside Gaudio's (who I do not think the average ACC fan would consider a 'good coach'), makes [Redacted] look atrocious to the average person reading today's sports section in the most efficient way I could think of.

Again, today's ad is aimed more outside than inside. Not too hard to skim back through the 5 or 6 articles written before the ads appeared; today's stat (as well as tomorrow's) were considered two of the most damning.

Tomorrow's will obviously feature a bit more, as well... It will represent a clear shift in who we would like the focus to be on moving forward.

Back