• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Campus Grumble (Current Students/Staff)

I%20Love%20Cops%20Black.jpg

There are grumlings that Campus Police met with [Redacted] today to discuss the whether or not he felt safe, along with his family. He indicated that, to at least some extent, he did not feel safe and believed that some of the threats directed from a variety of places, including these message boards, made him uneasy about the situation. Now how large an extent this actually is and who initiated the meeting, I'm not sure. I just know that there was a meeting today between Campus Police and [Redacted] and that the Campus Police as well as members of the administration are keeping an eye on these boards.

I can understand some of the fear from the rhetoric here but I also think that the frustration from a lack of transparency and communication has driven many people to that.
HEY ADMINISTRATION, open your doors to honest conversations and you'll get more rational thinking and less anonymous spouting off. But, who are we kidding, you're too scared to even do that.

This turn is a distraction from the real story here: the hilarity that the Grumble is a real thing that actually exists. Wake students must really enjoy having their heads patted.

So, in other words, someone is being incredibly overly dramatic.

Just to build on this, if he's legitimately concerned about his safety or the safety of his family that's one thing...but I don't think there's been much of anything said on here that's concerning in that regard (and certainly not towards his family). And, of course, it goes without saying that anything said on here is tame compared to what would be said at most large state schools.

...but I don't think there's been much of anything said on here that's concerning in that regard (and certainly not towards his family)

If it's even close, it can be framed as an issue.

I mean there's definitely been plenty of stuff said on here in the heat of things and then over the top sarcastically which have crossed the line, but I don't think that any reasonable person would honestly believe that they're actually going to get attacked or feel like their life is in danger because of the Wake Forest fanbase. I mean we have some strange dudes, but we're not an SEC fanbase up in here (for better or worse).

I mean there's definitely been plenty of stuff said on here in the heat of things and then over the top sarcastically which have crossed the line, but I don't think that any reasonable person would honestly believe that they're actually going to get attacked or feel like their life is in danger because of the Wake Forest fanbase. I mean we have some strange dudes, but we're not an SEC fanbase up in here (for better or worse).

Exactly, you'd have to be completely tone deaf and have no situational awareness to be concerned. Uh-oh...

sorry guys i deleted the PM to avoid a paper trail, send deacphan a message if you want the deets

There are grumblings that Campus Police met with [Redacted] today to discuss the whether or not he felt safe, along with his family. He indicated that, to at least some extent, he did not feel safe and believed that some of the threats directed from a variety of places, including these message boards, made him uneasy about the situation. Now how large an extent this actually is and who initiated the meeting, I'm not sure. I just know that there was a meeting today between Campus Police and [Redacted] and that the Campus Police as well as members of the administration are keeping an eye on these boards.

If it was not evident before this should clearly illustrate how inept this administration is. Where is amature hour deac when you need him?

I kind of agree, but you don't need to think someone's actually coming after you with a gun to be scared/concerned for your family.

Moreover, this board is only a small public slice of the sentiment out there. Lord knows what ends up in Athletic Department e-mail inboxes.

Back