• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

From the Scout Board, probably and hopefully BS

Just removing yourself a bit from the situation for a little bit more objectivity, it's pretty obvious that we can't keep [Redacted]. It would be a horrible decision panned by everyone in the media. There would be multiple ESPN articles talking about it. Wellman knows Bzz is done.

I really don't know how much longer this will hold true.

Irrelevancy is a scary place.

Seriously, you worry warts need to stop taking nonsense like that seriously. He's gone.

LOL. "BOT advisement". If it was brought to the board, which I doubt, it was either approved or denied. (Board chair: "If you do that, Ronny, you will be put in time out! You've been warned!"

If you can't troll smart, don't troll

Jeff and Geoff?

wellman-and-bzdelik_zps96eaa09f.jpg

he taught me everything he knew about coaching

You know what would be a total Butthead move? Keep Buzz and fire all his assistants.

no matter the scenario, winter is coming >>>>>>>>>>>>> he gone

I mean the "inside info" referenced in the OP could obviously turn out to be complete BS, but the following continue to give me anxiety:

1) Wellman decided it was a good idea to hire [Redacted] in the first place;
2) Wellman had both the desire and authority to retain [Redacted] after last season;
3) Even if Wellman, Hatch, and/or the Board of Trustees decided at some point this season to fire [Redacted], things can change.

Bottom line, I'll be relieved when it happens, and not a moment sooner.

If I was a BOT member and some dork friend of mine kept bugging me for info, I would totally tell him Bzz is back just to watch him flip out.

I'd take Bzz for a fifth year if it meant the BOT and Hatch fired Wellman and hired a new AD who is given a mandate to lead a proper search for Bzz's replacement.

Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. Bzz will be gone and we're going to wind up with some mid-major coach nobody cares about.

I'd take Bzz for a fifth year if it meant the BOT and Hatch fired Wellman and hired a new AD who is given a mandate to lead a proper search for Bzz's replacement.

Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. Bzz will be gone and we're going to wind up with some mid-major coach nobody cares about.

Joe Placeholder from University of Something State, Go Mascot!

I really don't know how much longer this will hold true.

Irrelevancy is a scary place.

Yea I don't think the Internet is going to explode if Wellman just says nothing at all and [Redacted] hangs around for another year.

Yea I don't think the Internet is going to explode if Wellman just says nothing at all and [Redacted] hangs around for another year.

I tend to agree with this. Wellman and Bzzzz have taken us from being a fringe national type program to being completely irrelevant from a national prospective. If Bzzz is retained, I don't it gets much national coverage.

Better option: Fire both of them. Appoint Odom as a caretaker coach until a new AD can find his balls and make a high profile hire.

The angle most camps took when reporting on the #BuzzOut stuff at the end of last year was "What has happened to Wake Forest?".

What else is there to report? Ron Wellman and Jeff [Redacted] happened. WF doesn't have the luxury of being a program that outside forces need to resurrect for their own self-survival.

I tend to agree with this. Wellman and Bzzzz have taken us from being a fringe national type program to being completely irrelevant from a national prospective. If Bzzz is retained, I don't it gets much national coverage.

Sadly true. [Redacted] staying for final year won't get a mention. A resignation and, however soon thereafter, a new coach will merit a 15-20 mention on ESPN. At best.

I really miss Thomas K. Hearn more and more. I just don't see any of this transpiring under The Hitman's watch.

It is possible that the various powers-that-be changed their mind.

The players and assistants will have more to contribute to Bz's leaving or staying than anyone else barring a mandate from Hatch or the trustees. The Duke win may have proven there is enough talent, buy-in by the players, and leadership to retain him. If the players and coaches are fully supportive of the head coach then the temperature of the rank and file fan base will not matter much. Like every Joe on here with a friend on the BOT, my BOT contact indicates the final decision rests with Wellman. If Wellman knows the team and assistants are on board with [Redacted] I think it's unlikely we see a change at the helm this season. Whether we want to admit it or not, the team made some strides from last season. It would have been interesting to see if Daniel Green, McClinton, and a healthy CMM would have made a difference during the 0-7 stretch. If Wellman is sticking with the bird in hand philosophy he's going to stay the course with the coach who has proven successful against Duke, UNC and State. It would be much more likely for Wellman to fire Bzz had he won a few more road games and lost to the NC 3.

The players and assistants will have more to contribute to Bz's leaving or staying than anyone else barring a mandate from Hatch or the trustees. The Duke win may have proven there is enough talent, buy-in by the players, and leadership to retain him. If the players and coaches are fully supportive of the head coach then the temperature of the rank and file fan base will not matter much. Like every Joe on here with a friend on the BOT, my BOT contact indicates the final decision rests with Wellman. If Wellman knows the team and assistants are on board with [Redacted] I think it's unlikely we see a change at the helm this season. Whether we want to admit it or not, the team made some strides from last season. It would have been interesting to see if Daniel Green, McClinton, and a healthy CMM would have made a difference during the 0-7 stretch. If Wellman is sticking with the bird in hand philosophy he's going to stay the course with the coach who has proven successful against Duke, UNC and State. It would be much more likely for Wellman to fire Bzz had he won a few more road games and lost to the NC 3.

The team made a very small amount of improvement. Not sufficient for year 4. Anyone who knows basketball knows that. If Wellman keeps [Redacted], it will be because of his own pigheadedness. Nothing about his performance, regardless of coach and player buy-in, warrants a 5th year. At this rate, maybe we'll break 20 wins in year 6 and then he has to start all over from scratch.

The team made a very small amount of improvement. Not sufficient for year 4. Anyone who knows basketball knows that. If Wellman keeps [Redacted], it will be because of his own pigheadedness. Nothing about his performance, regardless of coach and player buy-in, warrants a 5th year. At this rate, maybe we'll break 20 wins in year 6 and then he has to start all over from scratch.

Like I said, the opinion of the rank and file "experts" isn't going to matter much in the final decision.

Back