• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Off-season thread: Duncan and Garnett retire

I think the idea is that he'll still get a max, but he's less likely to leave because not as many teams will pursue him because they already have their PG. Even if you ignore that positions on offense are largely meaningless so Giannis can play next to most PGs as long as they aren't CP3/RWB types that pound the basketball, looking at the list of every staring PG in the NBA how many guys really stop you from pursuing another elite PG that comes on the market?

2mg8okg.jpg

I count maybe 5-8?

Exactly. So at the most 22-25 will be in the market for a PG. 30 teams would be in the market for a SG/SF/PF.

It's not a tough argument. You all are making up stuff to disagree with like Juice's "less money" argument.

Here is the original post:
Putting Giannis at PG is a shrewd move by the Bucks. It would be easier for teams to clear a spot in the lineup to pursue him at SF, PF, or SG but plenty of teams have their PG of the future. They wouldn't risk losing a good player for a PG in progress.

Exactly. So at the most 22-25 will be in the market for a PG. 30 teams would be in the market for a SG/SF/PF.

It's not a tough argument. You all are making up stuff to disagree with like Juice's "less money" argument.

Here is the original post:

What do the pace adjusted stats say tho?

So? More time to establish him at PG.

So this theory in essence boils down to the Bucks are being shrewd by making Giannis a PG for the next 5 years not because they think its the best basketball decision on the court and it will help them win games over the next 5 years, but in fact to help increase the likelihood of keeping him (what 10-20% more likely per this theory?) for year 6?

No. Instead of jerking him around the lineup as a JOAT, they're banking on him as the future at PG. That should help on the court and make it more likely he'll stay.

Timmy did one, too.

------
Dear 21 year old self,

Dump Amy. Just trust me on this one.

You'll make a lot of friends in the NBA. Just don't get too attached.

Learn French and Spanish. Maybe some Portuguese as well.

If Coach Popovich ever takes you out of a Finals game in the last minute, kick his ass and sub in. Don't worry. He'll thank you for it.

Oh and get a very large trophy case.

Respectively yours,

Timothy

I figured timmy would drag out his career longer so he could get more $$$ while single, although maybe he had a good prenup and got favorable terms cause of the infidelity rumors

I figured timmy would drag out his career longer so he could get more $$$ while single, although maybe he had a good prenup and got favorable terms cause of the infidelity rumors

He lost $25 million on account that financial advisor dude. I wonder which took more.

Derrick Rose's quote on the Knicks and the Warriors being the two superteams Adam Silver was lamenting is amazing.

Dirk re-signed. It'd be weird to see him anywhere else.

Back