• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Off-season thread: Duncan and Garnett retire

y'all didn't hear Plumlee is gonna play the 2 guard for MY BUCKS this year?

Move over MJ on Ehlo and Childress in ACCT finals. We have a new #TheShot.

It is pretty great, I admit I laugh as well

Does ph still defend this theory?

Not your misinterpretation of it. It's a pretty simple theory. Fewer teams will be in the market for a PG than a SG/SF/PF.

Not your misinterpretation of it. It's a pretty simple theory. Fewer teams will be in the market for a PG than a SG/SF/PF.

That's a tough position to stand by during a summer when a PG who has never made an all-star game, an all-NBA team, and with a best team accomplishment of a conference finals sweep just signed the richest contract in NBA history.

That's a tough position to stand by during a summer when a PG who has never made an all-star game, an all-NBA team, and with a best team accomplishment of a conference finals sweep just signed the richest contract in NBA history.

Can you explain how that works against my theory?

Teams spend big money on PGs, even second-tier PGs. How will adding a position to his versatile skillset hurt his value on the open market?

I think ph is saying there's a lot of maxed out PGs out there so teams won't need two max PGs

I still don't agree with the argument though

The idea that he takes less money because a team won't sign him at PG is just ridiculous.

I think the idea is that he'll still get a max, but he's less likely to leave because not as many teams will pursue him because they already have their PG. Even if you ignore that positions on offense are largely meaningless so Giannis can play next to most PGs as long as they aren't CP3/RWB types that pound the basketball, looking at the list of every staring PG in the NBA how many guys really stop you from pursuing another elite PG that comes on the market?

2mg8okg.jpg

I count maybe 5-8?

teams go after elite talent and make it work. or try to.

agree that ph's point is fewer teams will potentially be in the market for a pg. certainly, in this case, i don't think it affects his ability to get top offers because of immense talent and unique skill set (ability to play multiple positions well). he just needs to find a good situation that will pay him. there will be no shortage of suitors. may be a gm or two will not pursue because they have a pg but most that could fit him would like to try.

If you accept the premise of Ph's theory it is that Giannis wants to play PG after the Bucks play him there for a few years.

Back