• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make your picks for the remainder of the Bipolar Panthers schedule this year....

vs Rams
at Bucs
vs Falcons
at 49ers
vs Patriots
at Dolphins
vs Bucs
at Saints
vs Jets
vs Saints
at Falcons

It's almost impossible because you never know which Carolina team is going to show up.

vs Rams - W
at Bucs - W
vs Falcons - W
at 49ers - L
vs Patriots - W
at Dolphins - L
vs Bucs - W
at Saints - L
vs Jets - W
vs Saints - L
at Falcons - W

9-7 record...last wildcard playoff berth with a meeting at New Orleans as the prize, followed up by a visit to Seattle if we upset the Saints.

vs Rams - W
at Bucs - W
vs Falcons - W
at 49ers - L
vs Patriots - W
at Dolphins - L
vs Bucs - W
at Saints - L
vs Jets - W
vs Saints - L
at Falcons - W

9-7 record...last wildcard playoff berth with a meeting at New Orleans as the prize, followed up by a visit to Seattle if we upset the Saints.

I would be surprised if we finish 4-2 in the division. I've seen too many years of the NFC South to trust that.

vs Rams - W
at Bucs - W
vs Falcons - W
at 49ers - L
vs Patriots - W
at Dolphins - L
vs Bucs - W
at Saints - L
vs Jets - W
vs Saints - L
at Falcons - W

looks about right

i think we'll win some we shouldn't and lose more than we should. 8-8 or 9-7 feels about right.

what's the minimum to bring Ron back? playoffs? an 8-8/9-7 record but just missing out?

i think ron is out no matter what unless we go on an absolute tear

The Bucs are one of the worst teams in the NFC South from recent memory. They're likely the 2nd worst team in the league behind the Jags, maybe slightly better than the Giants but I guess that doesn't really matter. I think the Bucs go 0-6 in the division. They may steal one at home against us or the Falcons though.

I know peeps don't care too much about this, but Panthers are 10th in pure points on Sagarin which accounts for win/loss margin. Furthermore the expected record for the Panthers is 4-1 and yet here we are 2-3. It's going to hurt a lot if we miss the playoffs because of a busted coverage on one play against Buffalo gave us a loss.

Mean wins on football outsiders before this week was 7.9 and with the solid beatdown we put on the Vikings, that's likely to increase to around 8.5 if I had to guess. They'll update their playoff odds probably at some point this afternoon. We were at 27.9% entering the week, but with our win it will likely be up to around 35% maybe even higher.

The Bucs are one of the worst teams in the NFC South from recent memory. They're likely the 2nd worst team in the league behind the Jags, maybe slightly better than the Giants but I guess that doesn't really matter. I think the Bucs go 0-6 in the division. They may steal one at home against us or the Falcons though.

I know peeps don't care too much about this, but Panthers are 10th in pure points on Sagarin which accounts for win/loss margin. Furthermore the expected record for the Panthers is 4-1 and yet here we are 2-3. It's going to hurt a lot if we miss the playoffs because of a busted coverage on one play against Buffalo gave us a loss.

We will split with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Mark it down. I wish it weren't so, but I think it is.

worse than us 3 years ago? when we started Brian St. Pierre for a game.

If we can go 3-3 in the division I'll take it but we could really use 4-2. If we only go 3-3 we have to go 4-1 against non-divisional teams to get to 9 wins and that includes games against the 49ers, the Pats, and the Dolphins still. With a 4-2 record we could lose to two of the three aforementioned teams, while beating both the Rams and Jets, and finish at 9-7.

We will split with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Mark it down. I wish it weren't so, but I think it is.

Agree. We'll win at least one game we aren't supposed to (I'd say Saints at home), but lose a couple more that we shouldn't (at Tampa, maybe this weekend vs. Rams or later vs. NY Jets)

If we make the playoffs, he is back.

mmmm I dunno

The front office is still putting out feelers on candidates. I don't think Gettleman likes Rivera. Sneaking into the playoffs and losing in the WC round won't be enough (we're not the Redskins here).

I really want to make the playoffs this year, but it's a difficult road ahead. The @49ers, Pats, @Dolphins three game stretch is just brutal.

Any chance we make an offer for Nicks? Now that he's on the trading block in NY, seems like he'd be the best we could get right now.

Deangelo plus somebody else for Nicks. They would love to have Williams. We can use Tolbert until JWill gets back or something.

As far as our playoff hopes are concerned, Sunday is basically a must-win considering the other non-division games. We need to take care of St. Louis at home.

Last edited:
Oh absolutely. I think that the next two games are both must wins. We have to be 4-3 playing Atlanta IMO. I also think we really really need to win that game.

Bill Barnwell developing a love/hate thing with Rivera.

Best coaching call of Week 6:

1. Ron Rivera goes for it on fourth down twice during his opening drive, wins my heart after the game. In one of the most stunning turnarounds in league history, Rivera has somehow become the most aggressive fourth-down coach in football. Even though he was playing a Vikings team that was hungry or had nothing to lose or whatever other platitudes people use to describe a team that sucks, Rivera went for it twice on his team's opening drive. A handoff to Mike Tolbert on fourth-and-1 from the Minnesota 32-yard line produced a first down, and on fourth-and-1 from the 2-yard line, a play-action pass found a wide-open Steve Smith for an easy score.

After the game, things got even better. When asked about the decision to go for it on fourth down, Rivera told reporters, "It's what we're going to do now."

You want to know how that quote makes me feel?

As far as Nicks I'm not sure we would trade a draft pick for a player that will be a free agent in a few months. First of all we might be able to get him after the season without giving up anything, which is why the NYG are listening to offers as they could lose him for nothing. Also, Gettleman has cleaned up the cap space but it still isn't great so I'm not sure we can afford to sign Nicks after the season if we trade for him with a Cam extension coming and Hardy a free agent.

The only way we go 4-2 in the division is to sweep Atlanta and Tampa Bay, because we're going to get clobbered by Brees and I don't think our offense can keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back