• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread

I know most of you aren't happy with the pick, but I would definitely take a wait and see approach about Frank. There was a time where I thought Frank was a wasted scholarship at UW and he earned every bit of what is happening to him now. He has his limitations but I really hope it works out for him and the Hornets.

I know most of you aren't happy with the pick, but I would definitely take a wait and see approach about Frank. There was a time where I thought Frank was a wasted scholarship at UW and he earned every bit of what is happening to him now. He has his limitations but I really hope it works out for him and the Hornets.

GTFO. A top 5 player in the draft falls to us and we take a slow white guy who is very limited. Makes sense for a wait see? :rulz:

The problem is there was a guy on the board with virtually no limitations who wasn't supposed to be there. We took the one-dimensional player, whose one dimension is questionable at the NBA level, over a guy who can do it all and is basically the exact player they thought they were getting in Stephenson without the mental issues.

Yeah that really might be about it for me caring about this team. Getting the name back was nice, but only bought a year of goodwill for me. Winslow is going to be a stud.

Charlotte gonna put Kemba and a bunch of power forwards on the floor. The anti Golden State. Nobody will see it coming!

GTFO. A top 5 player in the draft falls to us and we take a slow white guy who is very limited. Makes sense for a wait see? :rulz:

Not going to disagree with you about who would've been the better pick, I'm just saying that to immediately judge the pick as a failure is premature when it seemed like there was a pretty certain drop off between the top 3/4 picks (Jah, KAT, DAR, Porz) and everyone else. Winslow could very well be the better pick, but I think people dismiss Frank too quickly.

Not going to disagree with you about who would've been the better pick, I'm just saying that to immediately judge the pick as a failure is premature when it seemed like there was a pretty certain drop off between the top 3/4 picks (Jah, KAT, DAR, Porz) and everyone else. Winslow could very well be the better pick, but I think people dismiss Frank too quickly.

Nah. Winslow was in Tier 1. He's going to be. A stud and this should rightfully cost Cho his job. Just awful.

Winslow has a higher ceiling than Frank. Winslow could easily be similar to Paul Pierce at 10 in 1998 except Frank ain't Dirk at 9.

Could have had Nerlens Noel and Justise Winslow in two of the last three drafts and instead came away with two crappy-ass honkies with overlapping skill sets.

He is a one year rental player on a mediocre team that has no need for a rental player.

Except they will resign him. So hes not a rental player. And i'm wait and see on Frank. Certainly will give Al space down low and is now probably the best shooter on the team as sad as that is

Could have had Nerlens Noel and Justise Winslow in two of the last three drafts and instead came away with two crappy-ass honkies with overlapping skill sets.
I told my friend the exact same thing watching it unfold...reminded me so much of Nerlens Noel falling into our laps and Cho going with Zeller anyway. I know it was different circumstances because Noel was coming off of the injury, but you ALWAYS take the BPA when you're a small-market NBA team like Charlotte. I could see talking yourself into Kaminsky over Booker. But you HAVE to pull the trigger on Winslow there after he falls right into your lap.

I told my friend the exact same thing watching it unfold...reminded me so much of Nerlens Noel falling into our laps and Cho going with Zeller anyway. I know it was different circumstances because Noel was coming off of the injury, but you ALWAYS take the BPA when you're a small-market NBA team like Charlotte. I could see talking yourself into Kaminsky over Booker. But you HAVE to pull the trigger on Winslow there after he falls right into your lap.

Yep, you don't even think about it. You just make the obvious pick.

Back