• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

Forever mediocre. Alonzo Mourning and Larry Johnson, where have you gone.

Not a whole lot left available. Still hoping for Brandon Jennings. Vasquez maybe? I wouldn't mind seeing Thomas Robinson or Derrick Williams.

Can somebody please tell me why they think Charlotte has gotten better since the end of the season? We've done nothing but bring back Batum (rightfully so) and Marvin (who I think is an average role player that we could have let walk), and that's it. If anyone watched last season, this team isn't capable winning the east. While I have high hopes on MKG, him at full strength (which is a gamble in itself) doesn't take this team from almost winning in the first round, to championship contenders.

So far I'm not impressed.

They weren't going to win the East next year no matter what. From the overall standpoint, while they haven't signed anyone from outside, just as equally as important is that they haven't signed any idiotic contracts like many other teams. They still don't have any bad contracts on the books other than Hawes which was a necessity to dump Lance (Lamb is fine from a contract standpoint). With the cap jumping again next year and their core (Kemba, MKG, Batum, Marv) already locked up they should have a lot of flexibility. *cough* Steph *cough*.

They weren't going to win the East next year no matter what. From the overall standpoint, while they haven't signed anyone from outside, just as equally as important is that they haven't signed any idiotic contracts like many other teams. They still don't have any bad contracts on the books other than Hawes which was a necessity to dump Lance (Lamb is fine from a contract standpoint). With the cap jumping again next year and their core (Kemba, MKG, Batum, Marv) already locked up they should have a lot of flexibility. *cough* Steph *cough*.

Outside of Steph coming back to NC, why would he want to play with that group?

Not a Hornets fan at all but MKG is a game-changer defensively and not having Al Jefferson will instantly improve the defense substantially (especially if it means more PT for Zeller).

It is a decent group, he has his ring, he can play while his dad calls the games for the franchise he grew up with, and he gets to rule the world with his boy Cam. People have made decisions for much less.

Jamal Crawford is 36/37 years old and I don't think the Clippers have any more space. Any chance of getting him on a 1 or 2 year deal?

Yep, Steph would rather play in the backwoods of the NBA, on a team that has little to no chance to win a championship than to stay with a team that will be contender for as long as he stays, in a city with rabid fans and many more things to do and where he can make much, much more money.

Before you say, "taxes",it's only 5.25% different. The pay difference is much bigger.

Yep, Steph would rather play in the backwoods of the NBA, on a team that has little to no chance to win a championship than to stay with a team that will be contender for as long as he stays, in a city with rabid fans and many more things to do and where he can make much, much more money.

Before you say, "taxes",it's only 5.25% different. The pay difference is much bigger.

The Warriors are about to max Harrison Barnes. For all intents and purposes, they're done as their other guys' contracts come up. CLT will be a better alternative for Steph, both on the court and off.

GTFO with this garbage.....where were all of these "rabid" Golden State fans in the 80's/90's when Charlotte led the league in attendance for like 10 straight years? Oh right, their team stunk so they were nowhere to be found. Easy to jump on the bandwagon when your team is the odds on favorites to win the title.

Plus, going to be much harder for Golden State to build a contender when they don't have Steph on a contract that is 50% below market value.

GTFO with this garbage.....where were all of these "rabid" Golden State fans in the 80's/90's when Charlotte led the league in attendance for like 10 straight years? Oh right, their team stunk so they were nowhere to be found. Easy to jump on the bandwagon when your team is the odds on favorites to win the title.

Plus, going to be much harder for Golden State to build a contender when they don't have Steph on a contract that is 50% below market value.

The Warriors aren't my team.

WGAF about the 80s and 90s?

BTW, even if the Warriors re-sign Barnes at $24M, they will be over $45M under the cap next year when Steph's is ready for renewal. They will have Clay, Draymond and Steph under contract through 18/19.

They could be able to re-sign Steph, Livingson and Iggy next year without reaching a taxable situation.

The Warriors are about to max Harrison Barnes. For all intents and purposes, they're done as their other guys' contracts come up. CLT will be a better alternative for Steph, both on the court and off.

This is simply factually incorrect.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state_warriors/

As you can see, even with Barnes at $24M (which is not where he starts), they would be at about $60M+11 slots. That would put them at about $72M. This puts them way under the $110-115M cap expected next year.

Hornets could bring Seth Curry back to Charlotte on an Ish sized deal, he actually played well at times last year. Kings didn't make a QO so he's an UFA.

Last edited:
Hornets could bring Seth Curry back to Charlotte on an Ish sized deal, he actually played well at times last year. Kings didn't make a QO so he's an UFA.

This would be a pretty smart move.

Kings actually wanted him, but -per Woj- his agent requested that the Kings rescind this qualifying offer.

This is kind of a big opportunity for Charlotte. I'm a Brian Roberts fan and Seth gives me a lot of those vibes with a lot more potential as a shooter.

Brian Roberts was horrific.

Seth Curry is so meh, but obviously having him and Del involved with the team, and the mom obviously around, would be a pretty strong sales pitch.

What is the knock on Cat? Size? Poor D? Behavior issues? I though thought he would get drafted for sure.

Cat struck me as one of those guys who lights it up off the bench for 5-10 teams over an 8-12 year career.

Back