• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

Any potential September call ups you guys are excited for? I think the Phils are leaving their prospects alone for the most part to let them play in the playoffs, but I'd love to see Roman Quinn at some point. He's supposedly one of the fastest players in the minor leagues, so he would be fun even as an occasional pinch runner.

I like this kid JaCoby Jones so far and I think Joe Jiminez/Giminez/Gimenez is gonna be pretty good.

Any potential September call ups you guys are excited for? I think the Phils are leaving their prospects alone for the most part to let them play in the playoffs, but I'd love to see Roman Quinn at some point. He's supposedly one of the fastest players in the minor leagues, so he would be fun even as an occasional pinch runner.

Tebow

I'd like to see Jordan Schafer get the call from LA. The former Brave, pothead, 2015 opening day center fielder in Minnesota has re-invented himself as a reliever/pinch runner in the Dodgers system.

Have seen that Moncada might get a cup of coffee in Boston - would certainly be exciting to see a player with that potential getting a shot.

For major awards, this shapes up to be the most wide open season in a long time. I can't remember a season where at least one of MVP/Cy in either league didn't have a clear front-runner. I suppose you could make the case that Bryant has the biggest "lead", but it's not unrealistic for 2-3 other guys to win NL MVP. And arguments can legitimately be made for any number of guys for both AL awards and NL Cy.

Id love to know how the meeting with Red Sox/nesn execs went where they decided "you know what our broadcast needs more Steve Lyons."

And then other people agreed with that statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baby Strasburg is likely headed back to the DL after 42 pitches in his first rehab start back. Big wince on a fastball that was nowhere close and he was removed a pitch later.

Baby Strasburg is likely headed back to the DL after 42 pitches in his first rehab start back. Big wince on a fastball that was nowhere close and he was removed a pitch later.

Dude is quickly becoming an injury bust. Even with them limiting his innings and shutting him down the one year the Nats should have won it all, he still is guaranteed atleast 1 lengthy DL stay per season. This is why I'm hoping my fish scratch this retarded limit with Jose, just let the man pitch.

I was excited when the rosters expanded and Jose De Leon of the Dodgers pitched his first major league game and got the win on Sunday. The Dodgers staff is slowly getting healthy with Kershaw pitching tomorrow night in Miami for the first time in 2 months.

It'll be interesting to see which guys make the post season roster as Julio Urias, Ross Stripling, & Brock Stewart are all on innings pitched counts with them being rookies. Hopefully Kershaw is fine and Kenta Maeda along with Rich Hill will be LA's top 3 along with a rookie and one of the other spare parts we have (McCarthy, Norris, etc.).

Dude is quickly becoming an injury bust. Even with them limiting his innings and shutting him down the one year the Nats should have won it all, he still is guaranteed atleast 1 lengthy DL stay per season. This is why I'm hoping my fish scratch this retarded limit with Jose, just let the man pitch.

WHAT?!?!?! Another Marlins fan on these boards! I'm not alone.

In 2-3 years, which contract will be a bigger albatross: Strasburg or Scherzer?

From 2024-2028, after both of their contracts are over in terms of actually pitching for the Nats, the Nats will be paying the two a combined $25MM each year.

In 2-3 years, which contract will be a bigger albatross: Strasburg or Scherzer?

definitely strasburg. Scherzer has already pitched great for 2 years. Strasburg's contract hasn't started yet.

I'm not sure I follow this logic. One player is fragile, so don't innings limit another player?

I'm not sure I follow this logic. One player is fragile, so don't innings limit another player?

Its been proven that just because you limit a players innings, it does not really help all that much to prevent other random injuries in the future; thus by limiting Jose's innings this season, he has missed out on multiple starts where the marlins lost but would have had a better chance at winning where he pitching. Id rather just pitch the guy every 5 days and whatever happens, happens. Shutting down Stras that season where the Nats could have won it all has not translated to continued success and health in following seasons like they planned. Basically Im saying screw being cautious and just ball out the full 162+ of the current season because you don't know what could possibly happen in the future in regards to injuries.

Its been proven that just because you limit a players innings, it does not really help all that much to prevent other random injuries in the future; thus by limiting Jose's innings this season, he has missed out on multiple starts where the marlins lost but would have had a better chance at winning where he pitching. Id rather just pitch the guy every 5 days and whatever happens, happens. Shutting down Stras that season where the Nats could have won it all has not translated to continued success and health in following seasons like they planned. Basically Im saying screw being cautious and just ball out the full 162+ of the current season because you don't know what could possibly happen in the future in regards to injuries.

See Bundy, Dylan

Back