• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

Second basemen are having ridiculous years. Wasn't that long ago I sent rjrequalsmj a text in jest about how Pedroia was the fourth best in the division behind Forsythe, Travis, and Schoop. I don't know if he's made an out in a month if you take away his regular double play every third game.

Addison Russell has a great game the same day Billy Butler is released. I'm sure Beane has made some good moves the last two and a half years but there have been some high profile mistakes since his big 2014 deadline.

Addison Russell has a great game the same day Billy Butler is released. I'm sure Beane has made some good moves the last two and a half years but there have been some high profile mistakes since his big 2014 deadline.

Seems like the NL is in this lull of mediocre SS, which is odd considering it's such a premium position. After Seager and Russell (and maybe Villar), there's a pretty steep drop-off. Guys like Crawford and Cabrera are decent, sure, but I wouldn't consider them premier players.

Lots of meaningful series on tap to start the week:

Cubs @ Cardinals
Mets @ Nats
Os @ Red Sox
Dodgers @ Yankees
Rangers @ Astros

To win their respective divsions:

The Nats magic number is 11 over the Mets.

The Cubs magic number is 5 over the Cards.

The Indians magic number is 14 over the Tigers.

The Rangers magic number is 10 over the Astros and Mariners.

The AL East and NL West are too close for a magic number to have meaning at this point.

Seems like the NL is in this lull of mediocre SS, which is odd considering it's such a premium position. After Seager and Russell (and maybe Villar), there's a pretty steep drop-off. Guys like Crawford and Cabrera are decent, sure, but I wouldn't consider them premier players.
Crawford is definitely a premier player.

Pretty remarkable Corey and Kyle Seager rank 3/12 and 12/7 among position players by f/bWAR.

Defensively atleast, I would put Hechaverria up there near the top.

He is an above average defender and a terrible hitter, would say he is bottom of the barrel SS in the league.

Considering the depth of our lineup when fully healthy, we have the 1-6 hitters already established. I got no problem with a 7-8 hitter being around .250ish as long as he brings the leather in the field, which Hech does do. This is just personal preference though, as there are a lot of fans who are wanting us to swap him for pitching depth.

The number 2, 4, 6, 12, and 13 prospects are NL shortstops and that doesn't include Bregman who can play the position or Arcia who recently lost spect status.

Said fuck it to a meeting and just walked to AT&T Park today. 66 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Haven't been to an NL game since a 1993 Fulton County game.

Good choice to skip the meeting. I'm ready for the playoffs.

Great day in sf for baseball. Thinking about going tomo cause I have work commitments tonight.

Said fuck it to a meeting and just walked to AT&T Park today. 66 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Haven't been to an NL game since a 1993 Fulton County game.

Good choice to skip the meeting. I'm ready for the playoffs.

Hope you got a sandwich from Crazy Crabz - that place is legit.

Next two weeks are going to be bananas in the AL East.

Top 4 are only spread out by 5 games. I just really wish we ended with the Rays and not the Jays, and didn't have that 10 game road trip.

Last edited:
Also this AJ Preller thing is nuts. How does that guy still have his job?

Back