• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

Its been proven that just because you limit a players innings, it does not really help all that much to prevent other random injuries in the future; thus by limiting Jose's innings this season, he has missed out on multiple starts where the marlins lost but would have had a better chance at winning where he pitching. Id rather just pitch the guy every 5 days and whatever happens, happens. Shutting down Stras that season where the Nats could have won it all has not translated to continued success and health in following seasons like they planned. Basically Im saying screw being cautious and just ball out the full 162+ of the current season because you don't know what could possibly happen in the future in regards to injuries.

Has "it been proven" that once a pitcher has TJ surgery, future workload (particularly in the first year after recovery) has no impact on future arm injuries? If so, please provide a link.

I don't think there's nearly enough data yet on inning limiting pitchers to know if it's effective or not. Feels like teams haven't been doing it that long.

Coincidentally, just today I finished Jeff Passan's "The Arm." Good stuff. Definitely theories, but nothing proven with respect to pretty much anything involving the UCL.

They say he doesn't have ligament damage by the way but are unsure if he will return his season.

Guys, the AL East is the best division in baseball. 4 teams (well) above .500 and have 3 of the top 4 teams in the AL wild card. Going to be a crazy race to the finish.

Buckle up.

In my pool I picked this division:

Toronto
New York
Baltimore
Boston
Tampa Bay

Two points for the Division leader and one point for everyone else in the right position. We score and pay monthly, although you only get one shot to rank them. It took me forever to get Toronto into first, and I think it may be important for me to keep them there. July was my first win. August hasn't been scored yet, but I think I've got a good chance. I never thought that the ALE would be a player for the ring (regular season final standings) but I may have been very wrong.

Guys, the AL East is the best division in baseball. 4 teams (well) above .500 and have 3 of the top 4 teams in the AL wild card. Going to be a crazy race to the finish.

Buckle up.

Really hope the Orioles and Jays can hold on (or a combination of Astros, Tigers, Royals survive). Everyone loses when the Red Sox and/or Yankees are in the playoffs.

Really hope the Orioles and Jays can hold on (or a combination of Astros, Tigers, Royals survive). Everyone loses when the Red Sox and/or Yankees are in the playoffs.

I kinda like this Yankees team. I dont think they can beat any of the other playoff teams in a 7 game series, though.

IDK, I'm looking forward to seeing Big Papi come through in the playoffs once more.

HAYUGE series in Toronto this weekend. Sox play only AL East teams the rest of the way. Toronto has to go to the west coast but they get LAA and SEA

Actually big weekend all around as O's-Tigs are playing too in a WC battle.

I hope the Giants fall out of the playoffs cause I don't want any of that even year shit.

the rays signed alexei ramirez to replace the recently acquired and recently injured matt duffy. good thing we demoted bexxxxxx and put motter in the doghouse. we've officially lost our way. let's go giants!

I hope the Giants fall out of the playoffs cause I don't want any of that even year shit.

I find it more interesting that the Nats and Orioles keep making the playoffs in the same, every-other-year pattern (2012, 2014, 2016?)

Actually big weekend all around as O's-Tigs are playing too in a WC battle.

pops going to all three

i just hope it's close for the final week

i'll be down in ATL for tigs-bravos to close the season (and the ted)

My buddy has a group of tickets behind home plate for the last game at the Ted.

What a defensive play by Puig to preserve Hill's perfect game. 6 outs to go at 89 pitches.

Roman Quinn is making his debut today!

:dancindeac:

Back