• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

Damn. That sucked.

If it was gonna be a walk off I kind of wish it had been Bautista again

Fuck that play

The tying run scores on a passed ball. The winning run scores on an error. Shades of 2015. My Rangers are cursed man. Nelson Cruz gonna haunt me forever

Great ending last night - that was a tough turn, kinda shocked Moreland didn't stretch and instead jumped off the base, guess he was trying to prevent the error.

I haven't watched the replay, so I could be totally wrong, but was thinking that in the moment it seemed weird.

If he jumps off the base, he should gone to catch the ball earlier. You jump off and then wait for the ball to come to you.

Great ending last night - that was a tough turn, kinda shocked Moreland didn't stretch and instead jumped off the base, guess he was trying to prevent the error.

I haven't watched the replay, so I could be totally wrong, but was thinking that in the moment it seemed weird.

I haven't watched a replay either, but I don't think it was that tough a turn. Odor made a shit throw on what should have been a pretty easy DP.

I was amazed Oder tried to turn it. Andrus went deep into the hole. His throw was really good, but it was 50/50 or less that it would be turned.

Just shows how many things have to happen for that play to be successful for the Jays: Andrus throws from deep in the 5/6 hole, Odor makes a difficult transition, Odor chunks the throw into the ground, Moreland goes for the scoop, then the block, then has to make a throw to home, the catcher has to pick the ball cleanly and pull a 180 swipe tag, and Donaldson has to slide toward the outside of the plate. Any one of those things is different and the result of the play might've been an out.

Of course, then the Jays probably would've hit a HR in the next inning anyway.

And if Andrus doesn't think he's got a DP, he takes the force at third and the Rangers see another hitter. The Jays may not have had to wait for the next inning.

The ball wasn't hit that hard. It would have been tough to stop and throw to third. He had a sure out at second.

Back