• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

10-0 for boch in elimination games now. Can't lose a playoff series like that. With Lacking on the hill tomorrow I like our chances.

Ugh. Giants/Nationals would be the straight-up worst. Hard to imagine the Cubs blowing three straight though.

Don't worry, we're setup for a patented first-round exit on Thursday in DC

Washington teams have any amazing record in winner-take-all, home playoff games. A recent smattering:

2015 Redskins lose in first round to Green Bay
2013 Capitals lose in game 7 of quarterfinals to New York Rangers
2012 Redskins lose in first round to Seattle
2012 Nationals lose in game 5 of NLDS to St. Louis
2010 Capitals lose in game 7 of quarterfinals to Montreal

Last edited:
Ugh. Giants/Nationals would be the straight-up worst. Hard to imagine the Cubs blowing three straight though.

It was hard to imagine GSW doing it, too. Best regular season team, consensus pick to win the ship, blew it.

I am all aboard the even year black magic train.

Also, what are the odds MadBum pitches on Thursday if it goes to 5? I've gotta think it is pretty high he will get at least an inning.

Also, what are the odds MadBum pitches on Thursday if it goes to 5? I've gotta think it is pretty high he will get at least an inning.

Lester/Cueto round 2 would've been dope, especially with Bumgarner looming.

Seems like - as opposed to last year with the Mets - neither LA or Washington has the starting pitching to keep the Cubs in check. OTOH, the Nats have LCS miracle worker Daniel Murphy now, so who knows.

Back