• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

Congrats to the Phi, I mean Dodgers, for stepping up and keeping the streak intact.

The Giants even year magic may have run out, but the Nattycakes are just getting started with their voodoo:

2012: NLDS Loss
2014: NLDS Loss
2016: NLDS Loss

Between the Caps and Nats, that's two teams that tend to dominate regular seasons and then choke against lesser-talented teams in the playoffs.

But hey, Kirk Cousins! Chin up!

Sorry Nats fans.

Last WS wins for remaining teams:

Blue Jays 1993
Dodgers 1988
Indians 1948
Cubs 1908

Indians-Cubs would be a ridiculous series.

Holy schnikes. Rich Hill, Joe Blanton, a teenager, a very good closer coming in in the 7th, and the best pitcher in baseball closing it out.

Kershaw link

Also, Chooooch!

DC biggest choke city in sports?

This is hard to believe, but in the four major sports, DC has not had team make it to the conference/league championship game (the semifinals: NFC Championship game; NLCS, Eastern Conference Finals in hoop or hockey) in 18 years. The last was the Capitals in 1998. During that time, Washington has had a number of teams (mostly the Caps and the Nats) who had either the best or 2nd best regular season record in their conference, but their teams have always managed to lose in excruciating fashion. Last night was just another example. No city with the 4 major sports teams has anything close to that current run of futility.

Last edited:
really torn between MY MERLOT JOES and MY FREED MENs. javy may push me to the doyers with his antics, but i do love me some zobrist.

Holy schnikes. Rich Hill, Joe Blanton, a teenager, a very good closer coming in in the 7th, and the best pitcher in baseball closing it out.

Kershaw link

Also, Chooooch!

Jansen showing up in the 7th was superb. Buck Showalter must be sitting in a dark room sobbing.

Also, it seems like everyone forgot - until yesterday - that Dusty Baker is a absolute liability in the playoffs.

i think most people remembered when they made the idiotic decision to hire him. well if you could get past the silly kerry wood/strassy talk.

Back