• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

And what if I dropped him Sunday morning for a player I actually want?
This is a stickier situation in my opinion.

If you only do it with one player, I'd probably let it slide. If you were to pick up multiple players and then drop them to put them all on waivers, that breaks the "Don't be a dick" rule in all my leagues.

Keeping individual players away from someone else is not sketchy, it's good strategy. They could easily pick up a different replacement, who is likely not as good but the point remains.

The issue becomes when people purposely manipulate the rules with no attempt at sportsmanship such as picking up & dropping every usable defense to make any defense unavailable for their opponent (most sites have waiver rules that prevents this thankfully).
Yep, agree with this.

Anyone think Latavius Murray will play? I have Deandre Washington, should i avoid that situation completely and roll with Bilial Powell or Gamble with Washington.

Anyone think Latavius Murray will play? I have Deandre Washington, should i avoid that situation completely and roll with Bilial Powell or Gamble with Washington.

It sounds like he's not likely to play. If I were you, I'd wait as long as possible to put Powell in (hopefully it will become clear before 1:00 on Sun) b/c Washington should have a pretty good day in the shootout against SD if Murray is out.

It sounds like he's not likely to play. If I were you, I'd wait as long as possible to put Powell in (hopefully it will become clear before 1:00 on Sun) b/c Washington should have a pretty good day in the shootout against SD if Murray is out.

I was able to pick up Washington off waivers. Would y'all sub someone out for him in this lineup?

RB1: DeMarco Murray @ MIA
RB2: Devonta Freeman @ DEN
FLEX: Jordan Matthews @ DET

Bench:
DeAndre Washington vs. SD
Robert Woods @ LA
Ryan Mathews @ DET

Need DA to outscore Gano and the defense by 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else sweating out this game in DFS?

Two of my referrals are currently in 1st and 2nd place in one of the FantasyDraft tournaments.

Fell 1.6 points short of winning with Jameis, Evans, and Fozzy and the Panthers loss as well. The worst outcome of these situations.

Start 3 (RB1, RB2 and FLEX)

Mark Ingram v CAR
DeMarco Murray v CLE
Devonta Freeman @ SEA
Ryan Mathews @ WAS
Tevin Coleman @ SEA
Willie Snead v Car
Jordan Matthews @ WAS

Also, would y'all go with Carson Wentz @ WAS or Tyrod Taylor v SF?

ETA: Was just offered Lamar Miller for Tevin Coleman - would anybody take that?

Last edited:
I would. Miller is a workhorse.

Agree. Miller gets decent points solely by his huge workload and he seems relatively likely to pick it up soon. However, the entire Texan offense is a mess so without Brock playing semi competent football, it might be Miller running into 8/9 player boxes.

Lamar Miller entered week 5 with more touches without a TD than anybody in modern NFL history. Yet he's still on pace for over 1,400 scrimmage yards and 370 touches. Buy low on him any way you can unless you think he's gonna shatter NFL records by continuing to go scoreless.

(Thank you, reddit)

Lamar Miller entered week 5 with more touches without a TD than anybody in modern NFL history. Yet he's still on pace for over 1,400 scrimmage yards and 370 touches. Buy low on him any way you can unless you think he's gonna shatter NFL records by continuing to go scoreless.

(Thank you, reddit)

Additional notes from doing DFS research. While we should expect some positive regression in Lamar's TDs, it's not as drastic as you'd expect given his RZ usage.

Lamar is 17th in league in RZ attempts for RBs with 9.
For all players with more than 5 RZ attempts, the average ratio of RZ attempts to TDs is 6 to 1 (which puts Lamar at an expected TDs of 1.5).

Lamar is 25th in league in attempts for RBs within the 5 yard line with 2.
Ratio of 5 yd attempts to TDs is about 2 to 1 (Lamar expected TD total of 1).

If Lamar is going to score anywhere near the TDs you'd expect of a top 5/10 RB, he's going to need more than positive regression. More likely different game scheming by Houston and more scoring opportunities.

I would. Miller is a workhorse.

Agree. Miller gets decent points solely by his huge workload and he seems relatively likely to pick it up soon. However, the entire Texan offense is a mess so without Brock playing semi competent football, it might be Miller running into 8/9 player boxes.

(Thank you, reddit)

I'd do that deal in a hurry.

I did it. Thanks, y'all. I wasn't expecting to get more than a WR2 or TE2 when I put Coleman on the block, but I'm pretty happy with getting a (relatively) high upside back like Miller. We'll see if it pays off.

Any thoughts about who to start this weekend? I'm leaning towards Ingram/Murray/Mathews with Wentz over Taylor at QB.

Start 3 (RB1, RB2 and FLEX)

Mark Ingram v CAR
DeMarco Murray v CLE
Devonta Freeman @ SEA
Ryan Mathews @ WAS
Tevin Coleman @ SEA
Willie Snead v Car
Jordan Matthews @ WAS
Jeremy Kerley @ BUF

You traded a guy in a RBC* (with some injury history) for a lead RB in a run oriented system. Congrats.

*running back (by) committee. some say rbbc.

Last edited:
Time to start taking advantage of the bottom feeders in my league.
It's a dynasty league and the guy with Amari Cooper has lost AP, Dez, Abdullah, and Cory Coleman.
My RBs are Freeman, Coleman, Charles, Stewart, White, Richard, and Rodgers
My WRs are a mess. AB, T. Benjamin, Crowder, Beasley, and Moncrief.
I said fuck it and proposed Crowder and White for Cooper.
He'll say no but my question is: to pry Cooper should I make all my RBs available to him? I'm leaning yes, but like to hold Freeman and Coleman for handcuff purposes. He's a Panther fan so I was going to offer Stewart but all Panther fans know how injury prone he is.
Edit

Time to start taking advantage of the bottom feeders in my league.
It's a dynasty league and the guy with Amari Cooper has lost AP, Dez, Abdullah, and Cory Coleman.
My RBs are Freeman, Coleman, Charles, Stewart, White, Richard, and Rodgers
My WRs are a mess. AB, T. Benjamin, Crowder, Beasley, and Moncrief.
I said fuck it and proposed Crowder and White for Cooper.
He'll say no but my question is: to pry Cooper should I make all my RBs available to him? I'm leaning yes, but like to hold Freeman and Coleman for handcuff purposes. He's a Panther fan so I was going to offer Stewart but all Panther fans know how injury prone he is.
Edit

How many RBs can you start? Why not offer Charles?

Back