• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Looks like a good move for both teams. Celtics made the gap closer this season.

Did they? IT is a small downgrade from Kyrie, and Crowder is a huge upgrade on the shump/Jefferson disaster

more i think about it the cavs murdered this. they HAD to trade kyrie and they managed to retool team to stay at least as good (maybe better) in 17-18 with good win now pieces AND were able to set up the rebuild. if LBJ leaves you just don't pay IT and you already have the top 5 probably Nets pick.

Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: in the summertime

Did they? IT is a small downgrade from Kyrie, and Crowder is a huge upgrade on the shump/Jefferson disaster

They gave up a 28 year old two time All-Star and a guy who plays the same position as the star they acquired and their draft pick for a 25 year old four time All-Star.

The pick is the key obviously but they definitely upgraded short term. The Celts are more likely to win the East now than they were a few hours ago.

idk man i think ainge done goofed. you wouldn't give up that pick for two way players like Butler or PG but you would for Kyrie?

still trying to wrap my head around this one. hmm.

btw, rip woj. shams had him beat by 5 mins.

I expect Lebron to be extremely motivated this season and predict that he will eat the Celtics in the playoffs.

Great deal for Celts and a good deal for Cavs with potential to be great. I'm a Celts fan and hate to see IT go, but Danny traded him at his peak.

This just states a year early they weren't going to be psyched about signing IT to a max deal next year and he would walk. Crowder sucked and is soft. Kyrie is locked up for 2 years and a player option 3rd.

Comes down to the pick, but odds are not good that it's the 1. Celts have a shot at 2-5 anyways. Cleveland will be rebuilding in 1 year when everyone flees.

Great deal for Celts and a good deal for Cavs with potential to be great. I'm a Celts fan and hate to see IT go, but Danny traded him at his peak.

This just states a year early they weren't going to be psyched about signing IT to a max deal next year and he would walk. Crowder sucked and is soft. Kyrie is locked up for 2 years and a player option 3rd.

Comes down to the pick, but odds are not good that it's the 1. Celts have a shot at 2-5 anyways. Cleveland will be rebuilding in 1 year when everyone flees.

No team with Kyrie as the lead player will ever win anything. Same w/ IT. I don't think it is smart to give up the Nets pick (maybe 20% chance at a 10 year star) in the era of the Warriors for such a deeply flawed player like Kyrie.

No team with Kyrie as the lead player will ever win anything. Same w/ IT. I don't think it is smart to give up the Nets pick (maybe 20% chance at a 10 year star) in the era of the Warriors for such a deeply flawed player like Kyrie.

They have a chance at getting one of those players with Lakers pick, and they kept Tatum whose development already started. Kyrie is FAR more likely to lead a team to the championship than IT. Younger, more skilled, and most importantly will be on the team for at least 2 years and probably 3, vs done after this year. They will be continuing to groom young stars and role players (brown, smart, Tatum) while filling the starting lineup with guys like Kyrie, horford, and Hayward. Trader Danny isn't done by any measure and I'm excited to see who this core attracts in a very easy East.

Back