• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

If the networks call Nevada this afternoon, would Fox news go ahead and declare Biden the Prez/elect because they would have him at 270 while everybody else would be at 259?

Wall St Journal still has AZ to Biden and Biden at 264.

The GA bubble here (https://www.npr.org/) is clearly more to Biden’s side and yet still reddish colored...

I feel like the double rainbow dude...”what does it mean”!!!

gUjfkOJ.png

It’s doing it again...!

Flipped to Fox during my lunch break to see what they are talking about, and my blood instantly started boiling. Their "supposed" straight news folks Bret Bair and McCallum walking right up to the line...they won't say their is any evidence of voter fraud, but why not look into it, ya know?

Please let that happen...I want so bad for Fox news to be the first to announce.

As a Clark County, NV voter - NV is pretty much in the bag. The rural counties and Washoe (Reno) posted their updates today and didn't budge anything. Nearly all of the remaining ballots are in Clark, and number in the 10s of thousands. Biden is going to win NV and win it by several % points.

The only reason that has seemed to be close is because Clark County is releasing results last.

Side note - the Clark County general election ballot had 75 items this year, of which only 5 were partisan (no straight ticket voting for the majority of the ballot, etc). Counting that behemoth has be an iron clad bitch.

I am a little surprised Georgia is holding the run-off on January 5, 2021 because the 117th (next) Congress convenes on January 3, 2021. Will Perdue and Loeffler still hold those two Georgia seats or will they be vacant until January 5 (date of GA runoff election), or whenever winners are determined?

This is pretty interesting and not something I've heard mentioned. I assume in this case it wouldn't really matter as even if they're vacat, McConnell would still be in charge of a 50-48 Republican Senate and wouldn't hold any votes.

My brother is a Clark County voter and expressed mild concern over the voting effect of a potential mask mandate/indoor gathering restrictions in a heavy tourism based economy, but thinks the lead will hold.

Like I said on election night, the Fox News calls are made by a guy who really has no boss. What he says goes.

vad = european ph. discuss.

I would need to know more about vad's educational background and desires to be argumentative with literally everyone before making that call

I feel scummy for saying this, but I have a hate crush on Pam Biondi.

U.S. postal carrier arrested at Canadian border with mail, including absentee ballots

A western New York postal carrier was been arrested at the Canadian border after allegedly trying to leave the U.S. with more than 800 pieces of mail in his car, including absentee ballots.

The Buffalo News reports federal court documents show Brandon Wilson, a U.S. Postal Service employee assigned to the West Seneca post office, was stopped at the Peace Bridge shortly after 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Authorities found a bin in his trunk containing mail, including three absentee ballots sent out by the Erie County Board of Elections and 106 political mailings.

Brendan M. Boone, a special agent for the Postal Service’s Office of Inspector General, filed a criminal complaint alleging Wilson admitted stealing mail from his delivery routes and placing it into his car on at least four instances beginning in September 2020...

As a Clark County, NV voter - NV is pretty much in the bag. The rural counties and Washoe (Reno) posted their updates today and didn't budge anything. Nearly all of the remaining ballots are in Clark, and number in the 10s of thousands. Biden is going to win NV and win it by several % points.

The only reason that has seemed to be close is because Clark County is releasing results last.

Side note - the Clark County general election ballot had 75 items this year, of which only 5 were partisan (no straight ticket voting for the majority of the ballot, etc). Counting that behemoth has be an iron clad bitch.

Nevada and specifically Vegas is so fascinating to me because it seems that being the head of the culinary union or the head of the gaming board is more prestigious and career-boosting than more traditional political positions in other states.

Back