• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official MLB SPRING TRAINING THREAD (Cobb signs with O's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still feels a little light tbh. Tons of risk in the CWS package. There was no chance for them to get Rodriguez too with Boston's crowded rotation?

Cubs working on a swap with the Royals for Davis. Sounds like Soler is part of the return.

I honestly think Pomeranz is the third best starter in that rotation (behind Sale and Price), but this makes me wonder why the fuck we gave up Espinoza at all if Pom is going to be relegated to battling for a rotation spot.

This is what bothers me about the trade. Was this deal available last July? Because if so make it then, then we have an extra couple of months of Sale in Ortiz's final season. I think moving Pomeranz back to the bullpen makes the most sense. I don't have a lot of faith in his ability to last all season, and he was pretty crappy after moving to the AL

Desmond goes to the Rocks. Guess this means they are trading one of Blackmon or CarGo? Or they could just bench Parra and eat his 2/$20 left.

Desmond goes to the Rocks. Guess this means they are trading one of Blackmon or CarGo? Or they could just bench Parra and eat his 2/$20 left.

I know the Nats have coveted Blackmon for the last two years, and they need an CF.

Supposedly Papi may be thinking about coming back...after last year, it could be positive or negative. He was playing off the charts and would suck if he didn't play well. But if he was good, he could put them over the top.

This is what bothers me about the trade. Was this deal available last July? Because if so make it then, then we have an extra couple of months of Sale in Ortiz's final season. I think moving Pomeranz back to the bullpen makes the most sense. I don't have a lot of faith in his ability to last all season, and he was pretty crappy after moving to the AL

This exact deal wasn't on the table last season. Supposedly, White Sox asking price before trade deadline was higher (Betts and/or Benintendi included), plus Kopech hadn't had the breakout Arizona Fall League which caused his stock to rise.

Rockies gonna Rockie with that dirty-ass offense.

70 million and 11th pick for his age 32-36 seasons and planning on sticking him at first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supposedly Papi may be thinking about coming back...after last year, it could be positive or negative. He was playing off the charts and would suck if he didn't play well. But if he was good, he could put them over the top.

If he comes back, he needs to make sure his drug guy is still on point.

When they move Turner back, they could be in the market.

Looks like Nats are closing to trading for Adam Eaton.

ETA: Eaton for Giolito, Dunning, and Lopez. Quite a haul for the White Sox. Their farm system is now stacked.

Last edited:
The Nats were really itching to get rid of Giolito.

Everyone is down on him. I think Lopez is better. Reports the stuff doesn't look the same and there has always been a gap between hype and results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back