• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake vs. UTEP Game Thread

Nice coaching job by DM in the second half. I liked the way they worked the ball and stopped launching threes.

Made a pretty big statement. We can beat you by shooting threes and we can beat you by going inside.

I am starting to have so hope in this season. That feeling is almost immediately follow by complete disappointment.

Tomorrow will be different though, we are going to win. Go Deacs.

There are a lot of Villanova fans here! Really look forward to a great game tomorrow.

How is MW starting and playing more minutes than Woods at this point? Woods is basically better in every facet of the game.

I was at that game, front row corner baseline seat. Griffin turn around jumper was a sight to behold. Brown and Schellinburger (I know I don't have the spelling correct) could hit "Bottoms" from any where... if there was a 3 point shot back then...

KP has us +13 to Nova tomorrow after the adjustment.

We moved from 69 to 68. Defense adjusted became 1.12 which negated our explosive offense.

Would be interesting to explore KP with garbage time instead of counting all 40 minutes.

Last edited:
How is MW starting and playing more minutes than Woods at this point? Woods is basically better in every facet of the game.

I do kind of like having Woods and Chill off of the bench. A couple starters go out, and we don't miss a beat.

Yeah I was thinking about that today. Maybe Woods likes coming off the bench, but he should still be playing more minutes than Wilbekin.

Woods has basically been playing the 3 when he comes into the game though, and there are less minutes to go around there than at the 2. Hard to justify Mitch playing the most minutes on the team.

As long as it's working I don't care.

I do kind of like having Woods and Chill off of the bench. A couple starters go out, and we don't miss a beat.

Yeah, I'd be fine with Woods coming off of the bench for MW in order to run the second unit, but he should be eclipsing Wilbekin in minutes pretty handily.

Complete guess, but I'd be surprised to see a spread larger than 11.5... I'll take the Deacs again for sure if we are getting double digits.

Let me wet the beak a little on that over with you

Yeah I was thinking about that today. Maybe Woods likes coming off the bench, but he should still be playing more minutes than Wilbekin.

Woods has basically been playing the 3 when he comes into the game though, and there are less minutes to go around there than at the 2. Hard to justify Mitch playing the most minutes on the team.

As long as it's working I don't care.

Having a go-to scorer that can get buckets in the 2nd unit is a huge, huge advantage. I much prefer Woods off the bench anchoring that unit where he can get more shots. Let Wilbekin be a steady hand who doesnt need the ball on the first team.

These stats are boggling my mind. We're playing much better and Mitchell Wilbekin is a relatively small portion of our offense. (Scored 8 points today on 3-8 shooting). And yet he is consistently playing the most minutes on the team.

The answer is found in how efficient the other guys are with scoring in their lesser minutes. Be interesting to see if Mitch continues to find as much playing time when the games get tougher.

Last edited:
There are a lot of Villanova fans here! Really look forward to a great game tomorrow.

Very big Nova fan. Dad is an alum/grew up watching Nova exclusively. Have gone to a lot of games since returning to Philly area. Going to be really weird rooting against them for the first time in my life tomorrow.

Sorry guys, I got all caught up in our glorious start last year with Indiana, UCLA, LSU and, and, and....well, enough reminders.

This was fun to see....versus UTEP. Tomorrow ? Well, we'll see. Hoping for an entertaining game, a competitive game, glad it's on a neutral court. I presume this will be on ESPN - 2 - U ?

GO DEACS !

Sorry guys, I got all caught up in our glorious start last year with Indiana, UCLA, LSU and, and, and....well, enough reminders.

This was fun to see....versus UTEP. Tomorrow ? Well, we'll see. Hoping for an entertaining game, a competitive game, glad it's on a neutral court. I presume this will be on ESPN - 2 - U ?

GO DEACS !

HONDO2, you going to the game ?

I am starting to have so hope in this season. That feeling is almost immediately follow by complete disappointment.

Tomorrow will be different though, we are going to win. Go Deacs.

Having a Panthers game a few hours after a Wake game will do that.

Back