• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pat Kelsey

The Cintas Center has like 10,200 seats. Probably a little large for that school but they seem to fill it up.

On the other hand, we have 66% of the student X has and 140% the size of that too large stadium. You knew that though, you were just trying to get a rise out of me this morning. Have a good one.

The Cintas Center has like 10,200 seats. Probably a little large for that school but they seem to fill it up.

On the other hand, we have 66% of the student X has and 140% the size of that too large stadium. You knew that though, you were just trying to get a rise out of me this morning. Have a good one.

Their student section is tiny. It's two small sections in the corner of the lower bowl. That said, they fill the arena up because they have good support from the rest of the town. They've also done a better job of "winning" than we have the last few years. I think everyone in the Wake community realizes we need something about 10k. But I don't think there is any reason we can't fill a 10k arena.

is there a compelling reason that our football team outdraws our basketball team? football gets 20k there regularly right?

I can think of a lot of reasons... less games, tailgating, being outside in the fall (with family and friends), easier to travel for a weekend game, it's football, etc.

If family was supposed to be such a strong consideration, maybe it should've been considered before the decision was made :tard:

Will say he's hardly the only one to have done this. Schools from SC weirdly seem to be involved with them -- both Marshall and Kelsey pulling out of opportunities to leave Winthrop, and Cremins backing out of taking the SC job and leaving GT

Life has a way of determining the winners from the losers. I'm betting on Pat. Of course, I'm betting on me more. Of course I am. Good thing.

BTW, x is in the elite 8. What we wouldn't give...

I think I speak for all of us when I say fuck off.

I think I speak for all of us when I say fuck off.

I'm going nowhere. We are losers making losing decisions and I'm going to keep talking until we fix it. Wake Forest's results the last 50 years are simply unacceptable for a place that has so many smart successful graduates.

If "everyone" agrees the stadium should be 10K, then why the hell isn't it? We settled in 1990. Disaster. We are settling for less than an optimal homecourt again. Disaster.

I'm going nowhere. We are losers making losing decisions and I'm going to keep talking until we fix it. Wake Forest's results the last 50 years are simply unacceptable for a place that has so many smart successful graduates.

If "everyone" agrees the stadium should be 10K, then why the hell isn't it? We settled in 1990. Disaster. We are settling for less than an optimal homecourt again. Disaster.

10,000 is way too big. We are working on some very exciting plans for an intimidating 2300 seat masoleum on the BSD thread.

You'd think a bro so deep into winning wouldn't be a Wake fan.

There really is a lot of truth to this. Wake Forest doesn't want to win. It can't possibly want to win and be ok with what Ron Wellman has done to our basketball program over 30 decades.

There really is a lot of truth to this. Wake Forest doesn't want to win. It can't possibly want to win and be ok with what Ron Wellman has done to our basketball program over 30 decades.

300 years!

Starting to question if you really are the winner you say you are.

Wellman's reign of terror is older than the United States. They were bitching about it in the colonies. "Give me liberty, or give me a reasonable sized arena located on campus so as to be more convenient for undergrads!"

It's easy to be a winner when you wrap yourself in your own definition of winning. Can't lose if you get to define what winning is. An easy ploy for losers that can't win to create enough cognitive dissonance that their own definition of winning becomes the only definition that matters despite its inaccuracy. From the outside people then point and laugh.

Back