• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pat Kelsey

There really is a lot of truth to this. Wake Forest doesn't want to win. It can't possibly want to win and be ok with what Ron Wellman has done to our basketball program over 30 decades.

Most would call the US a "winner" yet we settled on an incompetent buffoon with the vocabulary of a 4th grader in November. What's your point? #sorrywrongboard

I have a suspicion that DR voted for trump. just a hunch, despite the fact that ambulance chasers tend to lean left

I have a suspicion that DR voted for trump. just a hunch, despite the fact that ambulance chasers tend to lean left

Well of course I voted for Trump. Have you seen the stock market?

Representing injured folks is small sliver of my professional career. But an enjoyable one.

As for the definition of winning, we have appeared in 0 acc championship games & 1 Sweet 16 in 22 years. We are losers.

Representing injured folks is small sliver of my professional career. But an enjoyable one.

As for the definition of winning, we have appeared in 0 acc championship games & 1 Sweet 16 in 22 years. We are losers.

e4abf918c1cf18d243186d946c98194a.jpg

Last edited:

How many of the 300+ basketball programs in the country would you label as "winners"? Or limit your analysis to power 5 teams if you like.

We have focused on basketball, of course, as our flagship program. Do you have an opinion as to whether Wake Forest's athletic department as a whole is a winner or a loser?

What about Wake Forest as an academic institution? Winner or loser?

Why don't you three become a little less insufferable and stop bringing up politics on the sports board?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the decisive leadership we are lacking. This DR guy knows what he is talking about.

I'm going nowhere. We are losers making losing decisions and I'm going to keep talking until we fix it. Wake Forest's results the last 50 years are simply unacceptable for a place that has so many smart successful graduates.

If "everyone" agrees the stadium should be 10K, then why the hell isn't it? We settled in 1990. Disaster. We are settling for less than an optimal homecourt again. Disaster.

You obviously don't know the history or else you're willfully blind to it. Look, for the most part I'm with you but stop costing yourself credibility with rash statements like this.

You obviously don't know the history or else you're willfully blind to it. Look, for the most part I'm with you but stop costing yourself credibility with rash statements like this.

He has any credibility?

I do know the history well. It was a horrible business deal. Teaming up with the city was a disaster from go. We should have done what was best for us. I know many who opposed it but were not vocal enough. Vocal opposition will not a problem this time. It looks like the opposition will lose here but the real loser is Wake.

Kelsey looks pretty much screwed here. He's lost about $2.5-3M over the next fours years to stay at Winthrop. That sucks.

I do know the history well. It was a horrible business deal. Teaming up with the city was a disaster from go. We should have done what was best for us. I know many who opposed it but were not vocal enough. Vocal opposition will not a problem this time. It looks like the opposition will lose here but the real loser is Wake.

As a lifelong WF on campus person up to and after that time your thoughts are well versed of an after-the-fact assessment but, at the time the deal was done it was the only solution. I hate to burst your bubble but them's the facts.

There really is a lot of truth to this. Wake Forest doesn't want to win. It can't possibly want to win and be ok with what Ron Wellman has done to our basketball program over 30 decades.

I agree with this but it has not been that long, it only seems that way.

Last edited:
As a lifelong WF on campus person up to and after that time your thoughts are well versed of an after-the-fact assessment but, at the time the deal was done it was the only solution. I hate to burst your bubble but them's the facts.

Yep. Wake at the time didn't have all the conference TV revenue that we have now. The Joel deal may have had holes in it regarding what would be the best for our interest, but it was the only way we were getting a new coliseum to replace the horrible recruiting eyesore we were playing in. It was very slim pickins back then.

Back when the Quonset hut needed to be replaced, there wasn't much money available for Wake athletics. Bob McCreary as still working on his fortune, and nobody was able (or willing) to put up millions of dollars for a new Wake basketball facility. Thus the deal with the city for the multipurpose facility that is the Joel. If Wake had had the re$ource$ available then that they have now, there probably would be an on-campus basketball facility where the law school or the church is now.

Back