• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rick Barnes

The folks at Texas would love for Wake to take Barnes off of their hands. That would clear the way for Texas to throw money at Gregg Marshall.

No, we only hire guys who previously destroyed us. Barnes was our last NCAAT victim.

Seriously, Dino beat him in a freakin tournament game. Dino! Wanted 10 years ago. Do not want now.

The folks at Texas would love for Wake to take Barnes off of their hands. That would clear the way for Texas to throw money at Gregg Marshall.

The only reason he has a job is that college basketball is an afterthought there. Better than Bz, but we can do better.

The only reason he has a job is that college basketball is an afterthought there. Better than Bz, but we can do better.

That is ridiculous. He has a + 700 winning % at Texas, won the big 12 3 times and has been the big 12 coach of the year 4 times. He is not the most decorated coach of all time but to suggest that he is only there because no one is paying attention is false.

The ACC was no joke when he was coaching.

This is very true. I can't speak for anyone else, but I recall that the measure of a good ACC team in the mid-late 90s was how far they advanced in the NCAAT, not whether they just made it or the seed they got. Making the NIT was an afterthought. A lot has changed.

Bobby Cremins was talking Barnes and Wake Forest this morning. Coming home for Barnes. Proven winner for Wake. Not sure I'm for it but who knows who RW is looking at.

nobody has done less with more than rick barnes

77775-I-just-threw-up-in-my-mouth-a-r4R3.gif

That is ridiculous. He has a + 700 winning % at Texas, won the big 12 3 times and has been the big 12 coach of the year 4 times. He is not the most decorated coach of all time but to suggest that he is only there because no one is paying attention is false.

+1

Back