• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Soundbite of Jay Bilas on David Glenn Show

There's no way Bilas knows more about Wake's head coach allegedly receiving threats than 99% of the people who consistently post on these boards. He probably heard that fodder in a discussion with someone and it was an off hand remark like "oh I've heard he's gotten threats from some fans too!!!!111"

What if he talked to [Redacted]? He seems more likely to do that than most of the people here.

At some point last year [Redacted] actually contacted WFU police and expressed concern that he felt threatened. We actually put up a notice on the boards for people to tone it down. I can't remember the exact timing.
Yes, a WFPD detective did tell me personally last year that Buzz intimated to WFPD that he was concerned about the safety of his family because of the fan unrest and newspaper ads (it was exactly this week last year). But actual, serious threats towards Buzz? It didn't seem like that was the case.

I like Bilas and respect the majority of his opinions but I need more reasons on why Buzz is an ACC caliber coach.

Agreed. Bilas didn't even address that. He spit more of the BS we saw in the Buzz press release announcement. He's NOT an ACC caliber coach unless he addresses some of the more serious gaps in his recruiting work ethic and takes some motivational speaking classes. I don't know a thing about coaching so I really cant comment on his X's and O's ability but other experts, coaches, and analysts seem to like that part of Buzz.

"Jeff [Redacted] is one of the top coaches in the country, and one of the most prepared and experienced. Jeff may be quiet and soft spoken in demeanor, but he is also an intense competitor that understands the pursuit of excellence on and off the court. Jeff has always stressed trust, hard work and togetherness, and he has always been about the players first. From the NBA to college, Jeff has seen it all in this game, has handled everything with class, and has been successful at every stop. Wake Forest got a good one in Jeff [Redacted]."
- Jay Bilas, ESPN Basketball Analyst

He could win an Oscar for that acting job.

Le sigh.

Remeber how Matt Doherty was treated before RoyBoy came back to Chapel Hole? 8-20 had something to do with it. I don't remember Bilas (or anybody else) defending Doherty.

Jay Bilas is a bitch. Ask him how he'd feel if Duke hired a [Redacted].

340x.jpg

"Jeff [Redacted] is one of the top coaches in the country, and one of the most prepared and experienced. Jeff may be quiet and soft spoken in demeanor, but he is also an intense competitor that understands the pursuit of excellence on and off the court. Jeff has always stressed trust, hard work and togetherness, and he has always been about the players first. From the NBA to college, Jeff has seen it all in this game, has handled everything with class, and has been successful at every stop. Wake Forest got a good one in Jeff [Redacted]."
- Jay Bilas, ESPN Basketball Analyst

And Jay knows this how?

or, ask him if he would want [Redacted] to coach duke after k retires

None of us would harm [Redacted] because HE IS NOT WORTH IT!!! I might flip him off but that would be it.

I would agree. Wellman should have let Buzz go after 3 years. But the continued negativity of the fans is only dragging us down deeper and deeper. Wellman has made it clear he doesn't give a F*%K what the boards (internet message or highway bill) thinks. We're all frustrated to the point of "I honestly don't even know what to do anymore" so I can't really blame people... but it hurts to see people noticing that the negativity has permanently hurt the program.

This post is just so full of shit. The negativity comes from losing. If we have a good coach next year, and we're not losing, there will be no fucking permanent effects from the negativity. Nothing the fans has done has dragged us deeper and deeper. Bzz did that all on his own.

This soundbite is ridiculous. Bz is horrendous. Fans have the right to express themselves however they choose, and if letters and visits to the AD/Prez aren't doing the trick, drastic measures are necessary.

I like Bilas as an announcer, but he's far from an impartial source in all of this.

This soundbite is ridiculous. Bz is horrendous. Fans have the right to express themselves however they choose, and if letters and visits to the AD/Prez aren't doing the trick, drastic measures are necessary.
Private letters have been completely ignored by the AD in years past. Guess we're supposed to sit back and do nothing according to Bilas.

or, ask him if he would want [Redacted] to coach duke after k retires

The outcry in Durham on DAY ONE if they hired Bz now or 4 years ago would be far worse than anything that has gone on at Wake. Get out of here with that nonsense, Bilas.

i tried to call in and go off on bilas but they only wanted to take bracket pick calls

Bilas thinks Wake fans should be happy to just be in the ACC and get to play Duke and UNC. Expecting to field winners and compete for championships are only for elite schools like Duke.

Jay Bilas sucks and his color commentary is terrible.

Guys, they all want us to remain lowf. Raise hell like a real fan base would do. That's what we should continue to do.

Back