• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Soundbite of Jay Bilas on David Glenn Show

Would Bilas (and others in the national media) even be aware of fan discontent with [Redacted] if not for ads and billboards?

Bilas has absolutely no clue what he's talking about. This is so much more than just losing. It has everything to do with the attitude that Wellman and the leadership have carried during the last four years. Wellman has continued to act like everything is fine while the program is burning to the ground. He made one of the single worst hires in ACC history and not for one second has demonstrated an ounce of accountability. To a small but loyal fanbase that really cares about the program, he has demonstrated a cavalier attitude about destroying it. He has taken a dump on the program, called it roses, and then smiled about it. Rarely have I ever seen a person offend and frustrate a group of people so intensely. This is SO much more than just a bad coach; it's all about the attitude.

Really well said

I'm sure Bilas would fully support Bz taking the reigns at Duke when K retires, right?

Bilas is a decent guy, in general. He thought very highly of Coach Prosser- to the point he took his kid to the father-son camp. He gave a talk to a Wake alumni meeting in Charlotte a few years ago where he broke down speaking about losing Coach Prosser. As he says, his wife is a Wake grad, so he has a bit more of a connection than your average dookie to this school.

That being said, he is way off his fucking rocker with his comments here. And he knows better, which makes the comments all the worse.

He gave a talk to a Wake alumni meeting in Charlotte a few years ago where he broke down speaking about losing Coach Prosser.

Was that the same meeting where he showed up in a suit and basketball sneakers? Sure, he liked Skip and had nice things to say that night, but he still has a case of "smartest guy in the room" disease.

Was that the same meeting where he showed up in a suit and basketball sneakers? Sure, he liked Skip and had nice things to say that night, but he still has a case of "smartest guy in the room" disease.

Something no one of the board has.

When Coach K retires, I look forward to Bzdelikville outside Cameron Indoor Stadium!

Something no one of the board has.

Most of the people I know with that disease on the boards (myself included) don't have that disease away from the boards, and especially not when speaking in public or to the press.

Just bc Bilas married a Deacon doesn't mean there's not LOWF syndromeo in their house.

You can say Bilas is arrogant, smug, tries to be the smartest guy in the room, is a Duke homer etc etc. But those of you who think he and Wellman had a secret meeting and now Bilas is willing to be part of some secret ploy to help gain support for [Redacted] coming back for Year 5.... I honestly don't know what to say to you. Maybe splash yourselves in the face with some water, slap yourself a few times, go outside, and come back to the keyboard later. He's expressing his opinion, which yes, might be rooted in a bit of Duke homerism... but he's just calling it like he sees it, not how Wellman conspired to make him to say he sees it.

Back