• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Soundbite of Jay Bilas on David Glenn Show

I like Jay and generally agree with him and like him on the air. And if you ever get the chance to meet him and talk to him without a bunch of sycophants acting like douchebags hanging around, you couldn't meet a better guy. I agree with him that the newspaper ads and billboards are obnoxious and that the rhetoric has gotten out of hand on occasion. However, I think he, and society in general, are applying a double standard to the Wake sports fan in that we're expected to act more maturely and gentrified than other fans -- fans of "those schools," but we aren't allowed to feel any better about ourselves for doing so, because then we're arrogant.

If Wake fans are expected to be above this kind of activity, pretty much everybody should be. And anybody who gave money to put a message on a billboard is nothing but a Butthead.

When then Duke AD Tom Butters extended Coach K's contract in the midst of a horrible first few years at Duke, he received death threats and had to unlist his phone number. So Duke fans are as capable of outrage as any other fan base and would react no differently, or more civilly, if this was their nightmare.

or, ask him if he would want [Redacted] to coach duke after k retires

He would just spout more lies. Just look at the ridiculous statements he's already on the record with. He would say that he "would love to have Buzz at Duke" and he'd say it with a straight face.

i wonder if jay realizes how much wellman has talked down to wake students, alumni and boosters. i wonder if he realizes the spin and lies we have been forced to listen to. it's doubtful.

so we should get pissed when he decides to lecture us. i generally like bilas as well, but on this topic he can either get more educated or go fuck himself.

billboards and ads in the paper are that bad?

i wonder if jay realizes how much wellman has talked down to wake students, alumni and boosters. i wonder if he realizes the spin and lies we have been forced to listen to. it's doubtful.

so we should get pissed when he decides to lecture us. i generally like bilas as well, but on this topic he can either get more educated or go fuck himself.

Dude, he's reading AD talking points and just talking out of his ass. He might also be trolling more than a little bit. That's his job. Like it or not, giving a fuck about Wake is probably pretty low on his list of priorities. How are you, of all people, surprised by this?

He would just spout more lies. Just look at the ridiculous statements he's already on the record with. He would say that he "would love to have Buzz at Duke" and he'd say it with a straight face.

I agree. I just think it would take it to a new level of ridiculous. Personally, I give zero fucks what Bilas or Jay Williams say about anything. Fuck them or anyone who's position is that lowf fans should be more patient and lower expectations.

Dude, he's reading AD talking points and just talking out of his ass. He might also be trolling more than a little bit. That's his job. Like it or not, giving a fuck about Wake is probably pretty low on his list of priorities. How are you, of all people, surprised by this?

uh, people talking out of their ass pisses me off more than most anything. he isn't trolling. he is spouting bullshit. he doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about on this topic.

I haven't posted here in over a year probably, but seriously fuck you jay bilas. go fucking die in a fire

I love the "I though Wake was different" talk. That is ridiculous. Are we supposed to be so "classy" that getting upset about losing is below us?

Bilas is a TURD. Wellman has treated the Wake fans so badly, for Bilas to say Bzz is a good coach is total bullshit. UNC or DUKE would have shit canned this guy two years ago. Wellman is the embarrassment here and has made the university look incompetent. The BOT should be chewing his ass right now. Bilas is a clown.

That has to be one of the most condescending sound bites, regarding WFU, that I've ever heard.

What screams through that pile of crap is essentially, "you Wake fans and alums need to just shut the hell up and understand your place in this conference. You're LOWF and you should behave as such. Just WHO does Wake Forest think it is to be behaving like a big-time athletic program?"

What a crock of horseshit.

Keep up the pressure on the clown we refer to as an athletic director!

I love the "I though Wake was different" talk. That is ridiculous. Are we supposed to be so "classy" that getting upset about losing is below us?
wallpaper-proud-new-thumb.jpg

It's perpetuated by Wake Forest leadership (evidenced by the arrogant WF Sports ploy above).

uh, people talking out of their ass pisses me off more than most anything. he isn't trolling. he is spouting bullshit. he doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about on this topic.

And saying things like "disappointing" and "shame on you" is how a parent scolds a child. We don't need a fucking lecture from Mr. I'm an attorney and I know everything. Because on this topic he knows little. His wife going to grad school at Wake doesn't mean shit.

Back