• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Soundbite of Jay Bilas on David Glenn Show

And saying things like "disappointing" and "shame on you" is how a parent scolds a child. We don't need a fucking lecture from Mr. I'm an attorney and I know everything. Because on this topic he knows little. His wife going to grad school at Wake doesn't mean shit.

exactly. like he is putting us in our place. screw him.

and yes if i ran into him i would tell him that to his face. god damn it's enraging.

Bilas is a condescending prick..he can take Duke and shove it in his ass...I'm sure he'd sit idly by and tolerate something like this at Duke. Imagine if we were the UNC fan base. I mean they burned Deano in effigy 50 years ago..we put up a billboard and get this reaction..fuck him

What a devastating blow to the ego of many Wake people to discover that their shit stinks just like everyone else's. I can't figure out what's more interesting: the elitism of a large portion of the fan base or Bilas acting like Wake should just sit back and take it like men that Wellman and [Redacted] drove the basketball program into the ground.

What a devastating blow to the ego of many Wake people to discover that their shit stinks just like everyone else's. I can't figure out what's more interesting: the elitism of a large portion of the fan base or Bilas acting like Wake should just sit back and take it like men that Wellman and [Redacted] drove the basketball program into the ground.

Definitely Bilas.

+1.

There are some Wake people who need to decide if they want to support a school participating in major college sports. The other board (TOB) is a prime example of many who really need to let go of Wake from 40 years past and say hello to the present.

I hate bilas. Doesn't he have better things to do than antagonize an already rabid fanbase? What a prick.

The take by Bilas is classic. Essentially, he is telling us to take our medicine and keep quiet. It's obviously talking points from the AD. In fact, it's basically an argument that like the school, our fan base has greater culture than all others. It's a culture argument - the same spin we have heard for years now. I'm glad to know that Bilas and his wife are such huge supporters of Wake. But I do wonder, when was the last time he attended a game at the Joel? Because ESPN3 has been the home of the DEACS for the past four years, I'm willing to bet he hasn't been at a game in the Joel during the [Redacted] error. I also don't understand how Bilas got his gig at ESPN other than he is a former Dukie. His thoughts and comments were much more insightful when he was calling WNBA games 10 years ago. If [Redacted] feels as though he or his family have been threatened, maybe Bilas can volunteer his legal services to get a cease and desist order or a restraining order against the #Buzzout movement. It's easy for Bilas to take this position - Duke isn't the only school in the Big Four sitting out in March for the fourth consecutive year.

Bilas Has zero reason to go on this random parade unless he has talked to Wellman, and agreed to "try" to reduce the Buzzout rant as Wellman silently retains [Redacted]. Absolutely no other reason why he would be doing this. Further proof [Redacted] will be here another year. Classic Wellman.

Bilas Has zero reason to go on this random parade unless he has talked to Wellman, and agreed to "try" to reduce the Buzzout rant as Wellman silently retains [Redacted]. Absolutely no other reason why he would be doing this. Further proof [Redacted] will be here another year. Classic Wellman.

iron-maiden-650x414.jpg

The deal on Bilas is he thinks he's big shit and smarter than everyone else. Basically like Wellman. The fact that Bilas is a dookie just makes him more of an asshole.

Bilas has absolutely no clue what he's talking about. This is so much more than just losing. It has everything to do with the attitude that Wellman and the leadership have carried during the last four years. Wellman has continued to act like everything is fine while the program is burning to the ground. He made one of the single worst hires in ACC history and not for one second has demonstrated an ounce of accountability. To a small but loyal fanbase that really cares about the program, he has demonstrated a cavalier attitude about destroying it. He has taken a dump on the program, called it roses, and then smiled about it. Rarely have I ever seen a person offend and frustrate a group of people so intensely. This is SO much more than just a bad coach; it's all about the attitude.

Not that there is anything wrong with that- but Ron and Jay are biased.

The deal on Bilas is he thinks he's big shit and smarter than everyone else. Basically like Wellman. The fact that Bilas is a dookie just makes him more of an asshole.

That's been my experience having met him a couple times.

I mentioned this in another post on Bilas' comments - after Bucky Waters, an assistant coach, took over for Vic Bubas, he was a strong recruiter but had a lot of transfers (sound familiar?). In year three, Dookies would chant "Bye, bye Bucky. We can't wait for you to go..."

How is that much different than the Wake situation?

Duke ran the next coach, out in year, and Bill Foster bolted after five to take over South Carolina (replacing Frank McGuire). And, after 3 and 4 ACC wins in his 2nd and 3rd seasons, Dookies weren't pleased with Coach K.

Again, how much different is this from our situation?

And, btw, the comment about big time football is a backhanded slap to Wake - the implication is we aren't a big time sports program so why should we care so deeply.

Bilas' responses to the Stan Cotten parody, siff and others are infuriating. He keeps repeating that ads/billboards are related to (as yet completely unsubstantiated) threats.

Back