• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The #Buzzout #Wellmanout Billboard: Development Thread

Why are we doing a crowdtilt if we're halfway there in an hour and they charge like $117 in fees?

Why are we doing a crowdtilt if we're halfway there in an hour and they charge like $117 in fees?

We're halfway there in an hour because of a single absurdly generous donation.

The Crowdtilt founder is a Wake bro, and he may be friendly to the cause.

Plus: I didn't feel comfortable asking people for $4,500 through Paypal, and of the crowdsourcing options we have, Crowdtilt is easily the best.

Bc people are willing to donate if they know for certain they will be reimbursed if the goal is not reached. Less risk.

"This Billboard would have gotten is 1 less road win in 3 years and cost $6,995,300 less"

#BuzzOUT #WellmanOUT

I'm going to get info on the billboard on Business 40 at MLK. I think that's the one facing east, right? So it's readable going westbound into the downtown area? I think that's the one I'm thinking of...

East, west, south by southwest, who gives a shit? THE STENCH EXTENDS TO THE HORIZON IN ALL DIRECTIONS.

MY .02. The reason Buzzout has been successful is because of mainstream serious attention. If you want the best result stay away from personal attacks. Easy to understand facts are the way to go. I would just do something simple like:

#WellmanOut
#BuzzOut
Visit FIREBZ.COM

Arrange it in a very graphically appealing way, and that be pretty much it. Anyone in town is pretty much going to know what you are talking about, and if they don't they will probably be intrigued by the subtlety of the statement. What you want is for people to visit FIREBZ.COM. You simply won't have enough time with people driving by for them to be convinced of the message. Lead them to water, let them take some time at the web site and drink the water.

Just my .02. I am still not sure I am on board with the whole billboard thing just because it hurts my heart to see a coach drilled like this in his hometown. I know I did the Hitler mock, but that was something I felt like a coach could laugh at. I am as buzzout as you can get at this point, but it still doesn't always feel right to go to these lengths. Maybe that is why I would suggest not making it personal on the billboard. The goal is to educate the public on the failures of our program so that we can move forward with a new option and return to being a good/great basketball program. The goal shouldn't be to publicly humiliate someone. If the stats are humiliating so be it. They are what they are. If you don't want to be humiliated by your record then win some games.

But thats just like my opinion, man.

Edited just to say I am not anti-billboard...it just strikes a dissonant chord with me. It is truly sad that it has come to this.

Last edited:
Jeff [Redacted] is already head coach at the school we love, he doesn't get to claim our city as his "hometown"

The billboard should be simple...a picture of [Redacted] (where he looks like a moron, which should be easy to find) and a Fire [Redacted] "FireBz.com" is all it needs. A picture speaks a thousand words. People will be driving, don't get cute, just a picture and a quick one line statement saying get rid of him and the website. That's all it needs. No personal attacks, nothing besides picture and fire him.

MY .02. The reason Buzzout has been successful is because of mainstream serious attention. If you want the best result stay away from personal attacks. Easy to understand facts are the way to go. I would just do something simple like:

#WellmanOut
#BuzzOut
Visit FIREBZ.COM

Arrange it in a very graphically appealing way, and that be pretty much it. Anyone in town is pretty much going to know what you are talking about, and if they don't they will probably be intrigued by the subtlety of the statement. What you want is for people to visit FIREBZ.COM. You simply won't have enough time with people driving by for them to be convinced of the message. Lead them to water, let them take some time at the web site and drink the water.

Just my .02. I am still not sure I am on board with the whole billboard thing just because it hurts my heart to see a coach drilled like this in his hometown. I know I did the Hitler mock, but that was something I felt like a coach could laugh at. I am as buzzout as you can get at this point, but it still doesn't always feel right to go to these lengths. Maybe that is why I would suggest not making it personal on the billboard. The goal is to educate the public on the failures of our program so that we can move forward with a new option and return to being a good/great basketball program. The goal shouldn't be to publicly humiliate someone. If the stats are humiliating so be it. They are what they are. If you don't want to be humiliated by your record then win some games.

I agree with you, which is why I think Wellman should be the primary target. He needs to be humiliated.

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/files/2010/04/wellman-and-[Redacted].jpg

#WellmanOut
#BuzzOut
Visit FIREBZ.COM

Even Jesus would call you a pussy

Again, WELLMAN must be part of this billboard, IMHO. That little asshole has skated by FAR too long to be exempt from this effort.

Back