• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The #Buzzout #Wellmanout Billboard: Development Thread

This thread/billboard has (and had from the beginning) huge massive fail written all over it - probably because a fucking Red Sox fan was heading this shitshow up. Actually, I bet Wellman is sitting in his office giving Jeffrey a hand job while they laugh about this - stupid fans and their wanna-be revolution. I think the new direction must be toilets.

We suck. LOWF.

I've got the fireronwellman.com domain name and have offered it up to whomever wants to develop the site.

For those of us who didn't donate, though, this has been pretty entertaining.

I sent this to RSF yesterday but I don't I he has cell service on the South of France.

-----------
I think the billboard can go after Wellman directly but the argument has to be tight to overcome his stellar reputation and stature. It is fairly easy to communicate discontent among the fan base. It's harder to make that clear nationally.

Hiring the coaches of only 3 of 21 championship coaches and hypocritical quotes works on us but I'm not sure it will get traction.
-------
Quick ideas. Wait till football season for the billboard. Don't call for Wellman to be fired. Instead put him on notice. Tweet and publish a weekly Wellman fact every Monday this summer. See what arguments stick and use them on the billboards.
-------

Basically we need to show people that Wake sports are in decline so when things don't get better, they'll realize it and know who to blame.

Put him on notice. Then we go with firing him.

Last edited:
ups-truck-accident-this-thread-delivers-heHYAN.jpg

But its not remotely funny, we've already done the stats thing, aim bigger. We don't want a LOWF billboard.

fc84k.jpg

I prefer something simple like this as mentioned above. I think it needs some call to action like a link to an online petition or at least to the website.

I like it but keep it about Bzzz. As I said earlier...on which thread I can't remember....Wellman is still popular with the BoTs and has a long personal history with them. they have his back. [Redacted] does not have such deep connections.

Yep. Like I posted above, the movement against Wellman has to be a slow play with facts like the thread thedeacfan posted today. So many people are invested in the myth that Wellman has done a good job with Wake athletics.

From a strategic point of view, the reason that you also start going after Wellman is so he will start feeling some of the heat. If firing [Redacted] gets legs again, Wellman will possibly see that sending [Redacted] to the curb also stops the Wellman criticism.

Although the Wellman criticism goes beyond [Redacted].

Back