• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Freshmen

Crab is pretty close to freshman Ari Stewart. Not quite as athletic but their numbers are fairly close. Hudson is skinnier and shoots more 3's. Scoring, rebounding, ACC shooting percentages are all pretty close.

Crab is pretty close to freshman Ari Stewart. Not quite as athletic but their numbers are fairly close. Hudson is skinnier and shoots more 3's. Scoring, rebounding, ACC shooting percentages are all pretty close.

I would say his handle is much better than Ari's. I know he hasn't shown that he can take people off the bounce, but he can handle the rock and create a bit for himself. Ari could only catch and shoot. He was a living breathing turnover.

I would say his handle is much better than Ari's. I know he hasn't shown that he can take people off the bounce, but he can handle the rock and create a bit for himself. Ari could only catch and shoot. He was a living breathing turnover.

Well, he averaged fewer turnovers than Hudson, so agree to disagree on that one. Neither had all that great a handle. Ari probably got worse after his freshman year though.

Well, he averaged fewer turnovers than Hudson, so agree to disagree on that one. Neither had all that great a handle. Ari probably got worse after his freshman year though.

I disagree with your agreement to disagree... :). Ari averaged fewer turnovers because all he did was spot up and shoot on offense. Hudson sometimes handles the ball on offense and even brings it up against the press at times.

Ari wasn't asked to be a ballhandler at all. Hudson is often serving as the secondary ballhandler trying to break the press.

Agree with this. Crab is a more complete player. He can handle the ball. And the staff trusts him to handle the ball in crunch time. Ari was just a spot up shooter on designed plays. Crab is also a better defender. We all though Ari would make the leap to a more well-rounded game but it didn't happen.

Ari Stewart is a great comp for Yung Crab. I just omitted him because I didn't want to use someone who transferred. Bad karma.

My strongest memory of Ari Stewart was that he didn't believe in the concept of a pivot foot. Or maybe he believed in it, but just thought that you were allowed to change it at any time. He was one of those guys that would somehow move farther and farther away from the basket while "standing still" with the basketball. Jamaal Levy started out his career that way, too.

I don't think Stewart is a good comp for Crab. Maybe Courtney Fells from NC State.

I think Crab is a much better athlete than Ari except for jumping. Ari was a stiff, Crab is smooth -- Ari could just jump higher.

Ari Stewart currently averaging 15 pts and 5 reb a game for the Saitama Broncos. Saitama is part of the 22 team Japanese League. Current record is 3-29. Dead fucking last.

wOIfPMxT.jpeg

Honestly, I can't come up with a good recent Wake comparable to any of the freshmen. That's probably a good thing.

BTTT. Despite the loss, this is another game that our Freshmen were the studs. Dinos can flat out stroke it, and Crab has some serious swag. I liked seeing Mitch take it to the hole once, too. gMC has all the makings of a good ACC role player. Can't be stressed enough that the future is bright.

Last edited:
Extremely fortunate that Mitoglou chose Wake. He totally changes the defenses now that he's got a well-deserved rep. He'll probably get a little stronger and faster. Dirk said fingertip pushups were the key to his smooth jumper, hope Dinos gets right on them.

I am not making any strong opinions about McClinton this year. He has to combine the adjustment of his first year playing ACC ball with his first year coming back from a significant knee injury. Maybe he ends up another Cam Stanley, but I am hopeful that after a full season of experience and separating him from injury he grows into a solid ACC player.

Crab seems to have pretty good body control. Pretty good hops, too. He seems pretty athletic to me...maybe more than he really gets to show given the role he seems to fill?

I could see him adding a slasher element to his play. Another 25-30 pounds on that frame would help with contact if he starts playing closer to the basket more often.

And, I could be completely mistaken!

Back