• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Freshmen

Crab is twice the player Ari was...

He is also 3 years older than Ari as a freshman. Ari was a confounding player. He showed incredible promise as a freshman and then just never got better. In fact he kind of got worse. Thought he was going to be a lights out shooter by the time he finished his career.

If Hudson puts in the work he could be a really really good college player. A lot of this has to do with his age advantage. He will be 24/25 by the time he graduates I think. He will pretty much be a grown man playing against recent high school graduates. Can't wait to watch him develop.

He is also 3 years older than Ari as a freshman. Ari was a confounding player. He showed incredible promise as a freshman and then just never got better. In fact he kind of got worse. Thought he was going to be a lights out shooter by the time he finished his career.

If Hudson puts in the work he could be a really really good college player. A lot of this has to do with his age advantage. He will be 24/25 by the time he graduates I think. He will pretty much be a grown man playing against recent high school graduates. Can't wait to watch him develop.

51579872_Baylor_v_Colorado.jpg

This seems to be the recent trend in CBB. The refs don't seem to get it but with all the motion offenses set up out on the perimeter/multiple ball screens there is a lot of handing off of the ball. Many kids then use this to subtly change their pivot foot during the ball exchange. Typical CBB reffing as it pertains to subtle changes like adding a third step to your move and not get called for traveling and getting your hand considerably under the ball and not get called for palming. A few more years of the pivot foot change and we won't even notice it.

My strongest memory of Ari Stewart was that he didn't believe in the concept of a pivot foot. Or maybe he believed in it, but just thought that you were allowed to change it at any time. He was one of those guys that would somehow move farther and farther away from the basket while "standing still" with the basketball. Jamaal Levy started out his career that way, too.[/QUOTE]

Frosh Crab - 8.3 3FGA (33.3%) / 3.3 2FGA (47.8%) --> 14.1 p40, 6.4 r40, 1.6 s40, 1.8 a40/2.5 TO40

Frosh Ari - 8.6 3FGA (37.3%) / 8.4 2FGA (38.8%) --> 17.2 p40, 7.3 r40, 0.8 s40, 0.6 a40/3.1 TO40

Frosh Crab - 8.3 3FGA (33.3%) / 3.3 2FGA (47.8%) --> 14.1 p40, 6.4 r40, 1.6 s40, 1.8 a40/2.5 TO40

Frosh Ari - 8.6 3FGA (37.3%) / 8.4 2FGA (38.8%) --> 17.2 p40, 7.3 r40, 0.8 s40, 0.6 a40/3.1 TO40

yeah but what's crab's #careeryear stats look like?

IIRC Ari and CJ both hit the freshman wall pretty hard.

IIRC Ari and CJ both hit the freshman wall pretty hard.

Yep, and that was with Ish "The Dish" Smith setting them up in the corner. Hudson is having to work a little harder to find open shots.

Yep, and that was with Ish "The Dish" Smith setting them up in the corner. Hudson is having to work a little harder to find open shots.

I don't know about that. Hudson is not much of a shot creator, IMO. He benefits quite a bit from having a ball-dominant PG and moves pretty well off of the ball. Hudson is also shooting just about as many threes as Ari, FWIW.

I don't know about that. Hudson is not much of a shot creator, IMO. He benefits quite a bit from having a ball-dominant PG and moves pretty well off of the ball. Hudson is also shooting just about as many threes as Ari, FWIW.

I agree that Hudson isn't much of a shot creator yet. I'm basing my post off of remembering Ari shooting a lot of treys from the corner spot his Frosh year.

Back