• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

It's only absurd when you want Higuain because you already have the league locked up and want to progress in the champions league

"Riyad Mahrez has agreed to join Arsenal in a stunning €50m move. Eurosports are convinced that the player will sign for the Gunners next week after Leicester City accepted the £42m bid earlier today."

If so, bye bye Theo.

"Riyad Mahrez has agreed to join Arsenal in a stunning €50m move. Eurosports are convinced that the player will sign for the Gunners next week after Leicester City accepted the £42m bid earlier today."

If so, bye bye Theo.

If true it's weird he is playing for LC right now against Celtic. Scored a dirty goal.

If so, bye bye Theo.

I've seen the same thing, but nothing really firm. It seemed to pop up after his agent met with Wenger yesterday. Mahrez shares an agent with a Lens player though (played Arsenal yesterday). I also find it strange that Mahrez played today if he had agreed to transfer...

Four Spurs told to find a new team: Fazio (duh), N'Jie, Pritchard, and Bentaleb.

Fazio was a no-brainer but N'Jie is surprising as he only got one injury-hampered season. Pritch may or may not have found a place in the club but by all accounts, Bentaleb was working extremely hard in practice to win Poch's approval. Both were injured last year. Bentaleb the one you feel may bite us in the ass but then again, trust in Poch. It's his club now.

I've seen the same thing, but nothing really firm. It seemed to pop up after his agent met with Wenger yesterday. Mahrez shares an agent with a Lens player though (played Arsenal yesterday). I also find it strange that Mahrez played today if he had agreed to transfer...

All very good points.

Apparently Bournemouth are going to pay 6 million pounds for Brad Smith, who was out of contract this time last year, having trials with like Rosenborg and shit and not getting signed, then getting back up with Liverpool when Klopp signed on and signing a contract shortly thereafter. Liverpool just needs to drop the 10 mil for Chilwell now before he signs that contract (I know that won't happen) if Bournemouth is paying that much for their back up left back. That is kind of crazy if it is true.

Last edited:
Apparently Bournemouth are going to pay 6 million pounds for Brad Smith, who was out of contract this time last year, having trials with like Rosenborg and shit and not getting signed, then getting back up with Liverpool when Klopp signed on and signing a contract shortly thereafter. Liverpool just needs to drop the 10 mil for Chilwell now before he signs that contract (I know that won't happen) if Bournemouth is paying that much for their back up left back. That is kind of crazy if it is true.

Chilwell is pretty damn good. 10 mil is a great price.

Kolo is so HYPED! to be a Celtic player!

CoNka-KXEAAYKN_.jpg

Wee Joe Allen is officially a Stoke player, and Brad Smith has flown back to England to discuss personal terms with Bournemouth, but Liverpool has given up on Ben Chilwell.

They do have on trial former Barca B player and Spanish youth international Juanma, who seems to have mainly played center back for Barca, but can play on the left of defense, and might be a little short for center back in England. Andrew Robertson of Hull was mentioned earlier this summer as a Chilwell alternative, and Jetro Willems' name has been floated the last day or so, but that seems to have mainly popped up because he wished Wijnaldum good luck and said "see you soon," or something. I'd take him for he right price, though he's had injury issues the last couple of years.

Four Spurs told to find a new team: Fazio (duh), N'Jie, Pritchard, and Bentaleb.

Fazio was a no-brainer but N'Jie is surprising as he only got one injury-hampered season. Pritch may or may not have found a place in the club but by all accounts, Bentaleb was working extremely hard in practice to win Poch's approval. Both were injured last year. Bentaleb the one you feel may bite us in the ass but then again, trust in Poch. It's his club now.

I hope Koeman considers making a play for N'Jie. Feel like he could be a good rotation striker and now would be the time to get him on the cheap. Dude was super hyped at this time last year.

Koeman interested in Arnautovic, but wage demands could be a stumbling block:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ustria-forward-opts-against-Potters-stay.html

I'm cool with this. Arnautovic has developed into a solid PL winger/forward. Would push Mirallas and Gerry D for playing time. Could also fill in up top. Solid signing.

Sakho sent home. Apparently his attitude around the training camp has caused concern for Klopp and is understood to be behind the decision to remove Sakho from the squad.

Sakho sent home. Apparently his attitude around the training camp has caused concern for Klopp and is understood to be behind the decision to remove Sakho from the squad.

Way too early for Liverpool to start imploding.

Back